lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-04-2015, 04:30 PM   #11
MattFX4
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: steeleng lift kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazzonim View Post
^ Agreed with above comments. I put one on my 07 TXT 14", 23" tires. Love it. Not the smoothest ride but I wouldn't expect much from all terrain tires. Not a recent pic but right after I put the lift kit and wheels on. Side note, their customer service is very helpful if needed even after hours.
Man those 14" wheels look good.
MattFX4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-04-2015, 08:11 PM   #12
Bazzonim
Not Yet Wild

Thanks!
Bazzonim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 08:23 PM   #13
Bazzonim
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by boston mike View Post
yup, i used steeleng 6" lift and it's good. My main problem was getting nuts/bolts loosened. Pretty sure the prior owner left this thing in 16" of standing water..............one of the rear shock bolts is actually bent to a 30 degree angle (gotta get some new ones soon..............but was able to get it bolted back up as is............lol)
That ain't no joke! I fought with the steering spindle castle nut for hours before making any progress, finally got a pickle fork which finished the separation from the hub. Side note, when putting the rear end back together, only hand tighten each side until you get both sides on and then tighten once you get the leaf springs lined up. Took me a minute to figure out why everything wasn't lining up when I fully tighten one side all the way before I did the other. Noob lift installer, but had fun doing it all. Total install time about 5 hours. (Mulitple beverage breaks)
Old 06-05-2015, 01:26 PM   #14
boston mike
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazzonim View Post
That ain't no joke! I fought with the steering spindle castle nut for hours before making any progress, finally got a pickle fork which finished the separation from the hub. Side note, when putting the rear end back together, only hand tighten each side until you get both sides on and then tighten once you get the leaf springs lined up. Took me a minute to figure out why everything wasn't lining up when I fully tighten one side all the way before I did the other. Noob lift installer, but had fun doing it all. Total install time about 5 hours. (Mulitple beverage breaks)
The rear leaf brackets (furthest back on the cart) had its bushings rust-fused to them. I found replacement bushing kits but need to find new brackets to use with them. And one of the ubolts snapped in half from the rust.
boston mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 01:56 PM   #15
jerm97xj
Not Yet Wild

Well... I had good results (for the most part) the lift, wheels and tires showed up on time. The powder coat on the spindles was beat up so they gave me a $20 refund. Guess I don't really care. It's not a show queen. The lift went together really well (2.5 hours start to finish) The ride is really good, it looks great on the cart. My cart is a clean 2011 so that may be why I didn't have to use a torch to remove bolts.
jerm97xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 02:51 PM   #16
Bazzonim
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerm97xj View Post
Well... I had good results (for the most part) the lift, wheels and tires showed up on time. The powder coat on the spindles was beat up so they gave me a $20 refund. Guess I don't really care. It's not a show queen. The lift went together really well (2.5 hours start to finish) The ride is really good, it looks great on the cart. My cart is a clean 2011 so that may be why I didn't have to use a torch to remove bolts.
Old 06-11-2015, 11:15 AM   #17
stang99x
Gone Wild

I install lift kits all day long, but my personal cart has the Steeling kit. In my opinion, the Jake's kit for the EZGO's is garbage. After installing the Jake's kit, the front end lunges up and forward when you take off, and there are basically no adjustments able to be made. Steeling has sales from time to time. I think I got mine on sale with free shipping for $100
stang99x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 08:28 PM   #18
MattFX4
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by stang99x View Post
I install lift kits all day long, but my personal cart has the Steeling kit. In my opinion, the Jake's kit for the EZGO's is garbage. After installing the Jake's kit, the front end lunges up and forward when you take off, and there are basically no adjustments able to be made. Steeling has sales from time to time. I think I got mine on sale with free shipping for $100
Wow can't beat that. How about all sports? Are they good quality? I noticed they have the same 5" lift for $219
Old 06-12-2015, 10:18 AM   #19
chriskent85
Gone Wild

all axle lifts are pretty much a copy of each other and will all ride the same. does it come with new spindles? from the pic it shoes a bracket to go on the factory spindle, the listing also says it has a 4 year warranty and lower in the listing it says it has a 2 year warranty.
chriskent85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 11:11 AM   #20
MattFX4
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskent85 View Post
all axle lifts are pretty much a copy of each other and will all ride the same. does it come with new spindles? from the pic it shoes a bracket to go on the factory spindle, the listing also says it has a 4 year warranty and lower in the listing it says it has a 2 year warranty.
The steeleng doesn't come with spindles. The allsports lift does. Think I'm leaning towards the all sports one just to get the new spindles.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO