lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-08-2015, 05:06 PM   #21
dvmartin
Getting Wild

Default Re: TXT won't go need help

Finally able to get back to working on this cart. Would not run at the field. Brought it home and it seems to work fine. I guess the bouncing on the way home made the connection work. I have checked all of the wires and connections and cannot find any broken wires. I have put dielectric grease on all the spade and especially the four prong connector from the ITS box to the controller. All I can think is that there was a loose connection, I'm pretty sure from the ITS Coil to the controller. All of my shaking and pulling and twisting of wiring would not duplicate the fault (Where the solenoid would click but there was no go of the wheels). I'll try it out around home for a couple of days to see if I can get it to stop again. I hate this kind of intermittent fault.

Could a ITS coil have this kind of intermittent behaviour?
dvmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-08-2015, 05:51 PM   #22
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

The ITS"Coil" is chocked full of electronics, so most anything is possible.

Attached is a schematic for it. The lines labeled 14 and 16 connect to the 0.250 quick connects the black and white wires connect to. Everything else is sealed in an epoxy potting compound, but the potting compound shrinks and cracks as it ages and if moisture gets inside, strange things can happen.

IIRC: Huston is fairly humid at times, so moisture my be getting inside it, if there is just a hairline crack in the potting compound.

Something to check would be the ITS voltage (10V pedal up , 6V pedal down) when the cart is running right vs the its voltage when the cart is misbehaving.

That won't prove the ITS sensor is bad, but it will narrow down the possibilities.

Personally, if I had the slightest reason to even suspect the 4-pin in-line connector connecting the pedal box to the wiring harness was iffy, I cut the wires off the connector and solder them together.

From what I've been able to determine, the only reason for that connector is to make the cart easier to assemble on the production line.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ITS sensor - Schematic.JPG (88.3 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by JohnnieB; 07-08-2015 at 05:52 PM.. Reason: Forgot the attachment
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 09:16 AM   #23
dvmartin
Getting Wild

Thanks to JohhnieB I think I have finally found the culprit in this continuing saga. This morning after it seemed to run fine all day yesterday, it would not go. From Johhnie's suggestion I looked at the ITS coil. It has a crack about 3/4 of the way down on the contact side. This would allow moisture to enter causing this sort of intermittent problem. Being in the Houston area, we have had plenty of rain and humidity. I have replaced it with a known good one and it seems to work fine. Will run it around home for a while to make sure all is good.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20150709_085605691_HDR.jpg (649.2 KB, 0 views)
dvmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 03:43 PM   #24
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

The crack is adjacent to the PCB.

Hopefully, changing the ITS sensor will solve the problem.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20140118_140555_099_zpsl9ilpyw8.jpg (88.3 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 03:46 PM   #25
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Cool - keep us posted
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 04:59 PM   #26
mardad
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Had the same head scratcher. Used a lighted magnifying glass and found a hairline crack across the bottom of ITS. New ITS solved the prob.
mardad is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO