lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-03-2015, 12:46 PM   #21
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Default Re: electrical system upgrades

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrpshtr View Post
Sounds like a solid approach to try then. I'll do that tonight when I install the DVM. Anyone want to offer advice on disabling audible backup alert?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
well IF you want/need to disable the backup beeper/buzzer.....its mounted on the back side of the F&R switch....just pull the BLACK wire off of it. leave the RED one.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-04-2015, 08:14 AM   #22
shrpshtr
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

ok, I switched the cables last night. just as suspected, the cart appears to be operating normally. :) i can definitely feel the extra torque under the pedal from a dead stop. i have one little embankment it walked right up it. i'll know more after this weekend if the torque will be sufficient. i was getting about 18mph consistent on relatively flat ground. in comparison, i could get to 18mph before but not nearly as quickly or keep it there as consistently over the same stretch go road.

i did notice something that was unexpected as i was testing it. after driving wide open for about 2.5 miles the cart slowed from 18mph consistently down to 15mph. almost as if i started up an incline of some sort. after .5 miles or so it did start creeping back up into the 18mph range but not nearly as quickly as it was getting there before that occurred. any thoughts on cause with that?

i am going to start looking at the programming of the controller to determine if/what i can get out of custom configurations. i'd like a little more top end (was hoping for about 22mph) but dont' think i will be willing to sacrifice very much of the torque improvement i noticed thus far.

tonight i am going to finish installing the new shocks and the DVM...

shrp
shrpshtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 09:20 AM   #23
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

This is a series drive cart. A bigger speed control will allow the motor to access more amperage. The motor will use this additional amperage to make more torque which will help in the power department but it will not increase top end speed - more voltage will increase motor rpm. 48v will increase top end for the stock motor by 33%.
You will have to upgrade the controller and solenoid in order to be able to run 48v. The stock motor can run on 48v. Aftermarket motors built for more torque or more speed or a combination of both torque and speed are available.

The stock motor can only make so many RPM. Aftermarket motors can produce higher speeds.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO