lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-03-2015, 09:59 AM   #31
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Upgraded XCT400PDS and cart are lifeless

Double check that the bare spade connectors on the diode are not touching the metal mount bracket... hard to see depth in the photo.
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-03-2015, 05:57 PM   #32
lsudevildog
Not Yet Wild

Nope, they aren't. Close enough that I'll probably elec tape them though.
Talked to Will at Alltrax and he agreed that it's the controller.
Interestingly to some perhaps, he also mentioned that that the controller power up via computer and power up via cart power are separate circuits.
Thanks again for the troubleshooting help everyone. I appreciate it.
lsudevildog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 10:12 AM   #33
JigginJim77
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Hope noone minds me bringing up an old thread, but this is eerily similar to my current situation. Mine is a newly acquired 2006 36v TXT PDS. Batteries are 3 yr old T-105s that charger to 38.2 volts. The reed switch has been bypassed.The stock controller failed shortly after I got the cart. I have a new XCT400PDS & SW180 solenoid. New 2ga cables also. My controller powers up fine with 4 flashes then solid green. When I push the pedal, the Alltrax light goes from solid green to a rapid flash. Solenoid clicks, but no go. I'll be following the steps to test all the circuits later this week. The ITS is also new so I don't think that's the problem. I'll post back when I've done the testing.
JigginJim77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 10:29 AM   #34
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

3 questions,
1. Curious why you didn't start a new thread - have you read this whole thread?
2. what color flash does the controller give and what is the count or number of flashes before it pauses and repeats?

3. have you looked up the trouble code the controller is giving code on pg 28 in your owner's manual ?
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 01:25 PM   #35
JigginJim77
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
3 questions,
1. Curious why you didn't start a new thread - have you read this whole thread?
2. what color flash does the controller give and what is the count or number of flashes before it pauses and repeats?

3. have you looked up the trouble code the controller is giving code on pg 28 in your owner's manual ?
Hi Scottyb! To answer your questions:
1). I wasn't prepared to start a new thread as I have done minimal troubleshooting till I learned how. Finding this thread and the PDS controller thread has giving me lots of info, but I haven't been able to test. I did read each thread thoroughly.
2). Controller lights up with 4 green flashes (for ITS) then goes solid green.
3). When I depress the pedal slightly solenoid.clicks. When I press pedal fully, controller light goes from solid green go blinking yellow; throttle wide open but controller in Current limit.

I will have more opportunity in the next day or two to do some thorough troubleshooting. Once I've done that I will start a new thread. Didn't want to start asking questions till I had answers for the questions I'll get asked :)

Sound fair enough?
JigginJim77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO