lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-22-2015, 08:49 AM   #1
Johnboy21
Not Yet Wild

Default Newbie to the cart world need some advice

Hello Cart world this is my first post.Just bought a 06 EZGO PDS TXT new batteries very good condition got it from a dealer. I have the XCT48400, solinoid and upgraded wires ready to install.I was wondering about lifting thats where I need the advise Pros and Cons and what type of lift is best I searched some but did not find what I was looking for. Just not using the right Key words ect. I susspect. any help to point me in the right direction and make an informed choice. camp ground and some terrain use. I also like the cool factor. also thanks in advance.
Johnboy21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-22-2015, 09:19 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Newbie to the cart world need some advice

3-4 inch lift and 22 inch tires is all you need to get out there and back. Tires over 22 inches begin to cut the motor torque off at the knees. ESPECIALLY if you are going to run the stock 2.5 hp motor on 36v ... hey, consider 42v for the stock motor you will really like it. 17% more speed and torque will almost gain everything back you loose with the tire increase torque-wise.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 09:28 AM   #3
ohrickster
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Welcome to BGW. Everything you ever wanted to know about golf carts. And a bunch of real fine people.

I have an '05 EZGO PDS TXT with a Jake's 6" spindle lift #6208 and 22" x 11" x 10" wheel tire combination. I added a freedom chip with a hi-lo switch. I use the low switch for all around use and only switch to Hi when I race. I have never over heated the controller in the low mode. All items are available on ebay. Jakes is available thru their web site (www.jakesliftkit.com) or www.Buggiesunlimited.com or all over ebay.

I run my Ezgo at the campgrounds every weekend through the summer and have no problems. Twice a year I race it in the dirt drag races, and a barrel race and have won both events several times.

Go to Google images for custom Ezgo golf carts and get all kinds of ideas.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Drag racing.jpg (42.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Barrel Racing.jpg (83.1 KB, 0 views)
ohrickster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 09:58 AM   #4
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Welcome to BGW!

As for the "Cool Factor", beauty is in the eye of the beholder and I'm onto science rather than art, so I prefer not to raise the center of gravity of a narrow track, short wheelbase vehicle just for cosmetic reasons.

The lowest point on your cart is the oil pan on the differential. The only way to the increase ground clearance of the cart's lowest point is to increase the diameter of the tires and you gain 1" of clearance for each 2" increase of tire height and 20" is about the tallest tires you can install without lifting the cart's body off the axles, which raises the center of gravity and reduces stability, making it more susceptible to roll overs on curves and back flips on inclines.

If you actually need the ground clearance, taller tires is the only option and if the tires need to be taller than 20", lifting the cart body off the axles to keep the tire from rubbing is the only option other than cutting away what rubs against the tires.

My tires are an inch shorter than the stock 18" height, so I drive around obstacles rather than over them.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO