lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-04-2018, 06:22 AM   #21
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Default Re: RXV Danaher to Curtis Conversion Instructions

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjcolbyjack View Post
I know this has been up a long time. But I recently purchased this controller and I was going to attempt to cut the existing harness like you did. I’ve decided that’s a little over my head. Do you know where I can buy the harness already made for this controller? Any help is truly appreciated.
As mentioned, it's not a difficult conversion. I would offer the service, but it's too time consuming. Every Danaher equipped RXV is not the same. There were several transitions during the early years, as E-Z-GO began making changes. So the best harness to convert is the one that came with your RXV. It will plug back in directly. Buying a new harness (they are available at a price from E-Z-GO) may require it to be modified before it can be used. I don't know of anyone willing to tackle those sort of problems without compensation.

I don't do EV related work for pay anymore. I'm pretty much retired from the EV business. I do volunteer time for the Presidential Advisory Board. I have been busy monitoring citizens Constitutional Rights violations going on in the counties around me, and issues of National Security countrywide. I added a couple of photos, and blanked out personal information on my ID card.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Front.jpg (301.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Rear.jpg (283.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Card.jpg (146.2 KB, 0 views)
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-13-2018, 07:54 PM   #22
jkredman
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Just an FYI. I’m in the middle of the conversion on a 2010 RXV that I’ve had fun tricking out. The Curtis controller is far more sensitive to peripheral parts issue than the Danaher. In my case it identified issues with the throttle encoder & the brake. Remember when you put the 350 Amp controller in your making available 115 amps more than was available with the Danaher controller.

Therefore the Curtis controller will complain about a worn motor brake that the Danaher ignores. (At least that was my issue and a worn throttle encoder.)

The brake from EZGO is about $225. There is a need to make sure everything lines up correctly and torqued down properly.

Also Bob Boyce is the expert.
jkredman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 02:10 AM   #23
cjcolbyjack
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsikes09 View Post
I'm not 100% sure, but I doubt you can buy a "factory" type harness for this since it's an upgrade and you are going from one controller manufacturer to another.

Also, it has been a while since I did this conversion, but as I recall, there were literally only one or two cut/splices that had to be done. Everything else was pretty much plug and play. I did it in my shop, at 12AM, with a few beers in me, and about five of my friends behind me doing what they do best DISTRACTING!
Another reason I would imagine they don't have a harness for the conversion, there isn't really enough modification required to justify it.

It really isn't that bad, just take your time. If you get in a pinch, or to a point of uncertainty, just STOP hop on here and ask someone for help.

I failed to mention that the existing danaher wiring has been hacked into all over the cart. So would it be best to start over with a danaher harness like factory?
cjcolbyjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 05:10 AM   #24
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

You also forgot to mention what year your cart is. EZGO started making changes to the RXV right from the start. If by chance you have a 2011 or 2012 those years would be easier to convert to a Curtis harness then let say a 2008 model.

I don't believe you can buy a new Danaher harness unless it's a NOS from someone's closet.

Bob would be the person to be able to help you the most on what it would take.
usgicollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 12:33 AM   #25
cjcolbyjack
Not Yet Wild

So sorry it’s taken me so long to respond back. I’ve been crazy busy. Yes I’m sorry it’s a 2008 rxv 48volt. Thank you so much for your time!
cjcolbyjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 02:13 AM   #26
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Sorry, I can't help much with the harness conversion. I have never done it that way. Due to the corrosion problems found in early carts, by the time I see it, the harness is so polluted it isn't something I have time for converting. I just do the whole job with a "Curtis harness". There are so many spots to repair, I just do the harness too. Can't spend all my time chasing Gremlins.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 07:13 AM   #27
dougs_huntingcart
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I had issues when I did my conversion to the 350 Curtis from the Danaher. The physical issues related to the brake that caused it to grab when gliding to a stop....made the cart awful to drive. Also had throttle errors.

Ended up replacing the complete wiring harness for the cart and everything has been fine since. Yes it's more money, but consider the amount of time/effort spent trying to find a wiring gremlin.

Here's the discussion .... http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...ontroller.html
dougs_huntingcart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 10:16 PM   #28
Flipsx3
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBoyce View Post
As mentioned, it's not a difficult conversion. I would offer the service, but it's too time consuming. Every Danaher equipped RXV is not the same. There were several transitions during the early years, as E-Z-GO began making changes. So the best harness to convert is the one that came with your RXV. It will plug back in directly. Buying a new harness (they are available at a price from E-Z-GO) may require it to be modified before it can be used. I don't know of anyone willing to tackle those sort of problems without compensation.

I don't do EV related work for pay anymore. I'm pretty much retired from the EV business. I do volunteer time for the Presidential Advisory Board. I have been busy monitoring citizens Constitutional Rights violations going on in the counties around me, and issues of National Security countrywide. I added a couple of photos, and blanked out personal information on my ID card.

What is the model number or part number of the programmer needed to get full access to the curtis 350 amp?
Flipsx3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
750566pkg, curtis, danaher, install, instructions
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO