lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-07-2016, 06:49 AM   #1
benjylafond
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Snap ring for pinion - TXT series rear end

I think the snap ring (c-ring) broke on the pinion gear in the rear end of my cart. Was driving down the road and heard a metallic "ping" but nothing happened. Drove cart around for a little while. Stopped and then car wouldn't go and heard a grinding noise in rear end. Not the hubs b/c I've got the AUSCO Heavy Duty Hubs on my cart. Gonna take the rear end apart today and figured I'd go ahead and get a new snap ring before I did it? Do most golf cart shops carry them? If not, anybody know what size I'll need so I can get one at an auto parts store? I spoke with folks at Apache Gears (who made my high speed gear) and they couldn't tell me what size, but said it should be a standard size that most auto shops will have.

Any help appreciated. Thanks.
benjylafond is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-27-2016, 10:20 AM   #2
benjylafond
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Snap ring for pinion - TXT series rear end

Figured it out this weekend. Disassembled rear axles and the driver side wheel bearing was shot. Noise I heard was one of the "washers" (more like a shim because metal was so thin) in the bearing had broken. This cause the axle to get a little loose in the HD Hub and it rounded out the splines on the HUB. While I was replacing the bearing went ahead and replaced the brake cables (they had stretched to the point where I couldn't tighten the adjuster enough to get the parking brake to engage).
benjylafond is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO