lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-26-2016, 08:28 PM   #11
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Help me pick a new controller

quite simply there is $65 difference in price between the SR400/200sol and the SR500/400sol. With the SR500 you automatically get the $42 fan kit installed and the 400MZJ solenoid upgrade. That plus 110 more amps peak. It's easy to see the value.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-26-2016, 10:20 PM   #12
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Funny but everybody knows what size rims they have - not the tire height. Tire height effects gear ratio - that's why we ask. I have 10" rims with 18" tires and 10" rims with 25" tires. Nearly a 30% height difference there.

I think 22 was the most common height for that tire.
I have no problem remembering 22" tires its the rim size that I manage to forget...
teecro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 10:25 PM   #13
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by teecro View Post
I have no problem remembering 22" tires its the rim size that I manage to forget...
You just not hip
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 07:51 AM   #14
Hypersprint
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Here's the deal: The stock motor in this cart is 2.5 hp and the 400a control is okay for the stock motor or a stock replacement type motor.
Aftermarket performance type motors are 8 -12 hp and the 500a controller is required so - if you think an aftermarket motor is in your future because your motor is old or because you know you may want more power...... then get the 500a control now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemsoncartguy View Post
This "upsell" is honest advice and only makes sense. The difference in the price of the two is almost nothing when looking at how much they cost anyway. He is just looking out for you here cause if you were to have a motor burn up and upgrade in a year you will have to buy the 500 anyway and sell your used one and the hit you take selling it used will be way more than the difference of the two units. And honestly he probably makes the same profit regardless if you buy the 400 or 500amp.
I couldn't agree more, if there is ANY chance that you will want a better motor get the 500 amp setup now and simply turn it down to 400 amps and run it with your stock motor until you are ready for a new one.

Rob
Hypersprint is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO