lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-18-2016, 09:01 PM   #11
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 23" tires on TXT

my TXT48V has 23"s. I have a 6" lift and a STOCK controller and motor. It works OK, but I live in flat-Florida and ride on pavement 90% of the time... It does work well for what I use it for, but when I get off the pavement I notice it.

I got the cart like this (so don't laugh!). But when I get a stack of un-needed cash I'll be visiting ScottyBs website to upgrade that controller...

If I got the cart bone stock, I'd put a 4" lift on it and 20 or 22" tires, and still probably look for a bigger controller eventually. For me, 6" lift and 23" tires puts it rather high in the air... My boy is 6, but when he was 5 it was a task to climb up on the carts back seat. I can still (barely) do a u-turn in the width of two parking spots at the ABC store. So my turning radius is less, but still very acceptable.

I don't have any rubbing issues, but torque loss is there. I'm the fastest cart out of the my 5 carting buddies, but I'm not really comparing my cart to anything I would call 'high performance' either...

So, my 23's fit but if you were to ask my advice I'd recommend 20 or 22s.

Just my 2 cents and probably not even worth that!...
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-19-2016, 03:06 PM   #12
scalpem15
Not Yet Wild

Bronsonj,

Where are you in st Pete? We're in holiday park - lots of carts around!

Brandon
scalpem15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 06:27 PM   #13
Technoredneck
Not Yet Wild

[QUOTE=Sir Nuke;1307007]I am running 23's with a 6" lift....HOWEVER, my drive system is NOT stock.[/QUOTEbgh]

Hvgnvg
but
N
Gayn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Technoredneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 06:31 PM   #14
Technoredneck
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scalpem15 View Post
Br
onsonj,

Where are you in st Pete? We're in holiday park - lots of carts around!

Brandon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Technoredneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 03:51 PM   #15
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Hi Scalpem15,

Just saw this reply! I am in Holiday Park too... I'll PM you. Probably passed you a couple times and didn't know it driving from Northwest Park to the ABC store to the Elks lodge...
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 10:11 PM   #16
chewy65
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I have 23's with a 4 inch lift. Only rubs on the brake pedal at full turn lock to the left. Which you would not do at speed. I run the AMD EY7-4001 motor with alltrax xct-pds48500 controller. No problem with power. Still have more than I know what to do with.
chewy65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 04:29 PM   #17
Nmiller02
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Running 23's on my txt 02'.... spindle lift from jakes zero rubbing and plenty of clearance. Motor is from d&d and considered a speed motor from d&d to my knowledge. I was told if I put the 23" tires I would burn up the motor etc. it's been running two years like this and not one problem ! I do have a 500amp controller as well. Recently switched to 48v runs even better now.... I figured if the motor burns up, buy another one ! But so far so good.
Nmiller02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO