lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-08-2018, 07:46 PM   #21
drbescott
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: EzGo 2-Five parking brake problem

Unfortunately, Arizona. One reply was perhaps the brake cable is too tight- brake fluid heating up- then dragging the brakes when hot. Do you know where to get a digital/Pdf of the 2015 service manual?

Thanks for the help.

Brian
drbescott is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-08-2018, 08:26 PM   #22
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbescott View Post
Unfortunately, Arizona. One reply was perhaps the brake cable is too tight- brake fluid heating up- then dragging the brakes when hot. Do you know where to get a digital/Pdf of the 2015 service manual?

Thanks for the help.

Brian
Sorry, no. Mine is a paper manual. E-Z-GO sent it to me, along with some replacement wiring harnesses from off of the 2Five assembly line when they were unable to fix a 2015 2Five that was under warranty. They ended up giving the customer a new 2Five and sold me the broken one for $1000. Just a bill of sale transaction, not a title transfer. It just had to be legal enough for it to be mine so I could fix it. I was still under contract and NDA with Curtis at the time, and it would have been a violation of my contract to repair something built by another OEM unless I owned it. I sold it back to them for $1000 plus the cost to repair it. It turned out to be a brand new controller that was defective.

cgtech is out your way.

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 12:04 PM   #23
jacksonian
Not Yet Wild

Hey guys, sorry I forgot to update. My tech FINALLY figured it out. I’m no mechanic, so I’ll tell you what he told me, hope it makes sense. He said the brakes were set too tight from the factory. I live on a mountain and I could reproduce the problem 100% of the time by simply driving about 2 miles all downhill. The brakes would overheat and lock down.

My tech couldn’t reproduce the problem driving it all day on level surface. But on hilly terrain it happened right away.
jacksonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 02:32 PM   #24
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Old 10-07-2018, 05:06 PM   #25
bgassie
Not Yet Wild

Has anyone found the magic fix for the 2-five? I have a 2015 that every now and then will suddenly roll to a stop with the pedal still pushed to the floor. It is not the brake locking up. It will actually roll to a complete stop and then you can hear the brake engage. I can usually cycle the key one or two times and it will start running again. Sometimes I can go several weeks with it happening. It has been doing this for the past 3 years. Any suggestions?
bgassie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 11:55 PM   #26
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgassie View Post
Has anyone found the magic fix for the 2-five? I have a 2015 that every now and then will suddenly roll to a stop with the pedal still pushed to the floor. It is not the brake locking up. It will actually roll to a complete stop and then you can hear the brake engage. I can usually cycle the key one or two times and it will start running again. Sometimes I can go several weeks with it happening. It has been doing this for the past 3 years. Any suggestions?
Your issue isn't Hydraulic brake related. You need to get a handheld on there to see error history. And no, no magic bullet exists to solve mystery/un-diagnosed problems in the real world.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 12:12 AM   #27
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgassie View Post
You may have missed the pseudo-recall on the new Curtis 1206AC-5212 2Five controllers that were introduced in 2014 for the 2015 2Five model year. I found that VCL flaw for E-Z-GO back then. The solution back then was to have dealers swap out the flawed 1206AC-5212 controllers with the older 1206AC-5202 2Five controller. They re-introduced the 1206AC-5212 with a new VCL in 2016 that fixed the issue. It was not considered a serious problem, as turning the key off and on again would clear the error, so it never became a full recall. They would just swap it out if they had the replacements.

This late into the issue, I doubt they will do anything. You CAN get a replacement controller if you wish. Send me a PM and I can guide you on this...

Bob
Old 10-08-2018, 05:56 PM   #28
bgassie
Not Yet Wild

Thanks, Bob. I sent you a PM.
bgassie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 07:25 PM   #29
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

I responded to both. I was at the hospital for a bit today so my responses were late...
Old 10-08-2018, 07:46 PM   #30
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

The OP has a 2014 2Five, so his issue is unrelated to the 2015 VCL conflict...

I am going to post my PM response to him, so that others can understand in detail, what happened with the 2015 2Five. I may not be around for long to help others with this issue.

When this issue first cropped up, E-Z-GO suspected a harness issue. Messing with wiring seemed to solve it sometimes. What it really was, was time. Time to allow for the Watchdog Timer in the controller to tick and unlock the conflict that stopped it from working. Changing the harness did nothing to stop the issue. I delved into the programming and VCL (Vehicle Control Language) of the controller, and discovered a conflict between the existing Speedomoter display code, and the newly added GPS (Global Position System) code added in mid-2014 for the 2015 model year. The purpose of the GPS is to shut down operation of the 2Five, if it exceeds the allowed operating area of the vehicle, when set by the owner. This is to prevent a 2Five from being stolen and driven away from it's set zone of allowed operation. The default is for the GPS shutdown to be disabled. The conflict allowed it to become enabled, and prevent operation of the vehicle. It will roll to a stop, and not proceed. It takes an extended off-cycle of the key (more than about 15 seconds) to reset the shutdown, as it checks for the presence of shutdown directions, and none are found. I thought this needed a more indepth explanation so we would know how to work with the issue.

If you swap out the controller with the earlier version, it does not have the conflict. If you swap it out with a newer version, it has been fixed. Either way, a controller change should resolve the issue. Or now that we know the timings involved, we can choose to live with it...

Bob

Tags
intellibrake, parking brake
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO