lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-09-2017, 09:40 AM   #1
RXLuke
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default 2012 RXV value?

Hello everybody!

I have a chance to buy a 2012 rxv locally and the price would be probably 2500 or 2600. The cart has stock batteries from factory and what I believe would be aftermarket wheels and tires. Are the stock batteries any good? He says it has been used minimally but that doesn't really affect the life of the battery. 5 years old under any use is getting up there. Looks to be in excellent shape. I have a club car currently and I know much less about the value of these carts. From what I understand they are basically the Cadillacs of golf carts and have AC motors which are vey technologically advanced.

Is this a good price and do y'all think I should move forward?
RXLuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-09-2017, 09:43 AM   #2
dougs_huntingcart
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2012 RXV value?

i would add the cost of a new set of batteries to the price of the cart. Even if they're "still good" it will be a short honeymoon.
dougs_huntingcart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 10:02 AM   #3
FluxCapacitor
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougs_huntingcart View Post
i would add the cost of a new set of batteries to the price of the cart. Even if they're "still good" it will be a short honeymoon.
This!

Also, be aware that short range and lack of power is not the only signs of bad batteries in an RXV drivetrain. RXV's can behave strange when batteries are dodgy (sudden braking, no go, then go, Etc.)

Sometime in 2012 the RXV were changed from Danaher controller to Curtis controller. I think the Curtis controller is considered more desirable.

Seems like a good price if it's in the condition you described.
FluxCapacitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 10:11 AM   #4
RXLuke
Getting Wild

Club Car

I'm trying knocking him down from $2750 to $2150 (basically the cost of 3 new batteries) and we will see if he bites. I've explained to him that regardless of use, the batteries will sulfate a lose capacity. It uses 4 12 volts correct? I'm assuming that a new set locally at a dealer (Interstate, US, Crown, etc.) would probably run $800. Is that correct folks?

Thanks!
Old 06-09-2017, 10:22 AM   #5
dougs_huntingcart
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Yeah 4 12v batteries. at least 800 .... Or you can open a can of worms and go lithium or you could also put 6 8V's in . several ways to get the job done.
dougs_huntingcart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 11:08 AM   #6
rockfordpi
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by RXLuke View Post
Hello everybody!

I have a chance to buy a 2012 rxv locally and the price would be probably 2500 or 2600. The cart has stock batteries from factory and what I believe would be aftermarket wheels and tires. Are the stock batteries any good? He says it has been used minimally but that doesn't really affect the life of the battery. 5 years old under any use is getting up there. Looks to be in excellent shape. I have a club car currently and I know much less about the value of these carts. From what I understand they are basically the Cadillacs of golf carts and have AC motors which are vey technologically advanced.

Is this a good price and do y'all think I should move forward?
I know a seller in my market really well. He usually sells a 12 for 26 with old batteries, 32 with new. He only buys 2012.5 and later.

BTW, this is not an advertisement to sell as I am not in his market. I am just giving prices for reference. Mods, please feel free to delete if I am over line.
rockfordpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 11:16 AM   #7
RXLuke
Getting Wild

Club Car

No response from hitting him at $2150 yet, I told him I'm not trying to offend him. Was just trying to inform him. Offered an alternative: he replaces all 4 batteries and I'll give him $3000. We will see how eager he is to get rid of it.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO