lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-28-2017, 03:24 PM   #21
radioman
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 99 txt goes without me asking it to

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
If there is voltage on the solenoid small posts with the pedal up either the pedal ms is bad or there is another wiring problem. If you pull one of the red or green wires and that 48 goes away that ms is bad. Even if the ITS hasn't moved a series cart with a torque motor may try to creep if power is applied.
In addition to the suspect MS if the cart creeps and you take a wire loose from the ITS and it don't creep wouldn't that possibly be a reason to suspect the ITS too?
radioman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-28-2017, 06:22 PM   #22
PhilMedic
Not Yet Wild

Ordered an ITS. I'll let you know in a few days when I get it in. The mule is sounding better and better every day
PhilMedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 05:10 PM   #23
PhilMedic
Not Yet Wild

Got the ITS in. Same issue. Will be returning at a small loss for delivery. Any other ideas before I do some creative wiring?
Old 07-31-2017, 06:20 PM   #24
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Download a series wiring diagram and figure out why the solenoid clicks as soon as you turn on the key. There is no way it can engage if the throttle MS is working properly. Next thing is to check the adjustment on the ITS plunger. That can be found in the repair manual, found in the stickies.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Doc100-043-B_DWG-AXE-EZGO-Wire-Dia.pdf (174.3 KB, 0 views)
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 06:32 PM   #25
PhilMedic
Not Yet Wild

I have the diagram on paper in my book that came with the controller. All was wired according to diagram
Old 07-31-2017, 07:32 PM   #26
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Check the throttle box microswitch. It is impossible for the solenoid to engage with that switch working properly, if it is wired correctly. Check at the 4 wire Molex connector.

Even with the solenoid clicking, the controller shouldn't do anything until the ITS tells it to, so you probably need to adjust that.
Old 07-31-2017, 09:12 PM   #27
radioman
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilMedic View Post
Got the ITS in. Same issue. Will be returning at a small loss for delivery. Any other ideas before I do some creative wiring?
Did you try removing one wire from the ITS to see if the cart still moved like I suggested? I had a cart acted like this and nearly got run over by it. Problem was micro switch bent lever in the pedal box so the plunger never opened the switch at rest. The cart would take off every time it rained time the switch was turned on. Problem turned out to be leakage in the molex plug between the pedal box and the controller ITS signal connection was wet and corroded. That micro switch is a normally closed contact and if it is not operated by the plunger with the pedal at rest making it open it will stay closed ready to go. It would take off even with the ITS disconnected when switched on. That is the same type problem you are reporting.
Old 07-31-2017, 09:34 PM   #28
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

I cut off my Molex connector and soldered and heat-shrinked (shrank? ) them.
Old 07-31-2017, 09:50 PM   #29
radioman
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurtle View Post
I cut off my Molex connector and soldered and heat-shrinked (shrank? ) them.
You are correct about the micro switch. He has a dangerous situation with that micro switch. Wouldn't it be a simple test to unplug one wire from the ITS and see if it still moved? I spent a good bit of time with this problem before I figured it out with the help of this forum. I came here looking for help. JohnnyB first suggested the molex plug corrosion but I couldn't find it until later. It was buried in wet leaves out of sight. I was lucky not to get run over or run over somebody or into something. Not being familiar at all with golf carts at the time I thought the solenoid clicking when key on was normal.
Old 08-02-2017, 10:23 AM   #30
PhilMedic
Not Yet Wild

Update:
Replaced all small wires and connectors with new ones. They didn't look too corroded but pretty dirty and old. Everything now works as it should mostly. Solenoid engages with pedal not key like normal. But I can no longer go as slow as I did before. It's a bit jumpy. Somehow I lost my low end control. Oh well. It works. Anyone wanna buy a golf cart?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO