lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-12-2017, 09:25 AM   #11
handtools
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Intermittent Go/No Go Problem

My old eyes sees what looks like a resistor tucked up between the controller and solenoid.
handtools is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-12-2017, 02:18 PM   #12
MauiHoss
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by handtools View Post
My old eyes sees what looks like a resistor tucked up between the controller and solenoid.
Yes, you are quite right. I guess my old eyes are deceiving me. OK, scratch that off the list of possible problems.
MauiHoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 03:17 PM   #13
Dixie Chopper
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Could it be the controller itself? Do you have access to anyone that may have a stock controller you could swap out to maybe eliminate the Alltrax? Just thinking out loud.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dixie Chopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 03:37 PM   #14
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The MZJ200 solenoid is not as good as the SW180 we are using now. The SW180 has magnetic break outs. You may want to upgrade and see if that erases the issue?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 03:47 PM   #15
MauiHoss
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixie Chopper View Post
Could it be the controller itself? Do you have access to anyone that may have a stock controller you could swap out to maybe eliminate the Alltrax? Just thinking out loud.....

I have the old controller so I could swap it out to see if that makes a difference. ScottyB has suggested upgrading the contactor (solenoid) to the SW180 so I might try that also.
Old 11-12-2017, 05:34 PM   #16
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Do not overlook the Ezgo wire harness main cpntroller connector itself. I have seen a bad pin cause erratic behavior.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 04:23 AM   #17
Raystar57
Gone Wild

Club Car

Try replacing the ring terminals on the yellow and blue wires to the solenoid.
I know you said you cleaned them up but the problem could be in the crimp itself.
Raystar57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 01:05 PM   #18
mutant
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

there is a lot of corrosion on the nuts holding the wires to the solenoid-i would suggest using a marine grade anti corrosion product (i use a CRC product-HIGHLY recommend it or an equivalent) so that eliminates the possibility of corrosive interference....
mutant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 04:59 PM   #19
MauiHoss
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Some good ideas here. When I said I cleaned the contacts I meant on the motor. This morning I did all the contacts, nuts, washers on the solenoid and then applied some Corrosion Block carefully on those connections.

The ring terminals on the little yellow/blue wires look really good so I didn't mess with them. Since this is where the signal comes into the solenoid to make or break contact I have been thinking that this could be an issue. It seems possible that the controller is not sending the signal or there's a connectivity problem somewhere in the wire.

Is it possible to test the yellow/blue wires for signal by removing them from the solenoid, attaching them to the DVM set to volts and depressing the pedal?

I did a solenoid test sending battery pack juice (36V+) to the small terminals while the DVM was set to audible continuity on the big terminals with the resistor, etc. disconnected. This produced fairly good results though a couple of times there was no click which might have been my fault due to me not making good contact with the battery pack. That said, the solenoid doesn't always make a click when all is properly connected. So, I'm going to order the SW180 which is a nice upgrade even if potentially unnecessary.

Thank you for all the suggestions. I'm going to keep at this. Farm work is piling up and I need my cart!
Old 11-13-2017, 05:59 PM   #20
handtools
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixie Chopper View Post

handtools is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO