lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-29-2017, 10:36 PM   #11
yamahaguy97
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: 48V drops to 29V - stutters

yeah that's what we do at work, we have the fancy 48/36 volt discharge tester. If we want to check individual batteries we let it run for 5 minutes or so and check each with a volt meter until we find the ones that drop out bad enough. You should purchase a hand held load tester, you can get them around 40-50 dollars but its great to have. I understand not everyone can get the expensive discharge unit but the hand held unit will at least clue you in
yamahaguy97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-30-2017, 02:04 PM   #12
mikec35
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 48V drops to 29V - stutters

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeCW View Post
Test each high amperage cable individually using your multimeter on the resistance function (ohms).
Leave the cables installed on the batteries / solenoid / FR contactor / motor / controller.
Include the connection at each end of each INDIVIDUAL cable if possible (battery post, solenoid post, FR contactor, motor, controller). If you get a high reading (more than 1 or 2 ohms), test again from cable connector to cable connector (as the connection might be the cause of your resistance).

As a minimum, it looks like you have two failed batteries.

What year are your batteries (check the date code)? What make?

They are all dated 4/2015. Advance Auto Parts brand. I called a local battery shop that sells golf carts. He told me he has a digital battery tested. I brought him the 2 batteries I have that we’re tanking under a load. He checked them and they were bad. He sold me 2 new US Battery rand batteries for $75 each. Put them in and the cart seems to be working fine. It did have a problem it’s never had before, I had to press the throttle about 5-6 times before the cart moved but hey, it didn’t stutter. Thanks for all the advice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mikec35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car