lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-11-2018, 08:28 AM   #1
Pllckjsh
Not Yet Wild

Default 1999 ezgo only has back up beeper

All,
looking for a little help as I have exhausted all my efforts and have spent hours searching the web to no avail. So I have a 99 ezgo txt 36v cart that was given to me and no one knows when the last time it ran was. I have replaced all the batteries and now have 38v at the battery pack. So far I have replaced the solenoid, Micro switch and throttle inducer in the pedal box, Micro switches on the F/R switch, and have bypassed the reed switch. Here is what I have going on now Since doing all this I now have the back up alarm but nothing else will work. Now I am to the point where when BP is hooked up and ignition is on when I push the throttle the resistor on the solenoid from big post to big post starts smoking and solenoid will not close I have power to the solenoid at the small power terminal ( red wires) and on big terminal closest to BP I feel like I am spinning in circles here trying to get this thing moving again thanks in advance
Pllckjsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-11-2018, 09:54 AM   #2
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1999 ezgo only has back up beeper

Pllckjsh....to properly get you on the right track give us a LOTTLE more info on your cart. in the way of which drive system does it have, as it makes a difference.

is it a SERIES cart? a DCS cart? or a PDS cart??

ezgoguide.jpg
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 10:12 AM   #3
Pllckjsh
Not Yet Wild

I thought I posted that must have skipped it ......it is series drive cart
Old 06-11-2018, 03:25 PM   #4
Pllckjsh
Not Yet Wild

Ok so I got to thinking at work today that I wanted to check the wiring on all the parts I have replaced so far when I pulled the cover off the pedal box I noticed the new micro switch did not rock back out when I pressed the accelerator pedal down ...... I had a extra one so I threw it in and with the key on as soon as I pressed the accelerator pedal down that micro switch burnt the contacts shut I am thinking I have a problem with the F/R switch??? If that makes any sense
Old 06-13-2018, 03:36 PM   #5
Pllckjsh
Not Yet Wild

Thanks to a earlier thread I got it figured out I removed the diode and resistor from the solenoid and all is good now..... now to order the new ones thanks again for this forum as I am sure I will use it again and again being I am new to carts
Old 06-13-2018, 05:21 PM   #6
TexTurbo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

With the removal of the diode and resistor, I would suspect a failing solenoid...
probably burned or pitted contacts (inside)...the are relatively cheap (if you consider upgrades in your future, get an upgrade from Scottyb)

Poor contacts anywhere in your "series" drive system can snowball quickly !!

"You don't have to have studied Ohm's law, but you DO have to obey it !!"
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 5.jpg (376.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 4.jpg (283.4 KB, 0 views)
TexTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 05:30 PM   #7
Pllckjsh
Not Yet Wild

Ordered a new solenoid as well I figured there isn’t any point in not replacing the solenoid and all thanks
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO