lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-26-2018, 12:45 PM   #1
R.Boyd
Getting Wild

Default 2001 EZGO TXT Series Cart Value

I was over at my uncles yesterday and saw an old cart in a pole barn out back, so I went over and checked it out. It used to be a fleet cart and is green in color. It has what looks like a 5" drop axle lift on the front with the blocks in back. It has a seat on the back with the bottom cushion missing and some 22X11X8" mud tires on it. They look like the old wooly bugger tires that we used to put on the three wheelers. The motor and controller look stock. All the batteries were out of it and the battery tray was really rusty and would need replacing. The front bottom seat has a hole in it and needs recovering. The frame and all the under carriage looks good with hardly any rust. The whole thing though is covered in dust and rats have been packing pine straw in places they shouldn't. I asked him if he wanted to sell it and he said sure and said he wanted $750.00 for it. My question is, is it worth that? Of course, It is a better deal if the batteries come with it for no other reason than the core charge. If the batteries come with it, is it worth $750, not knowing if the motor and controller is good. He said it was running when he parked it. Oh, and the cables for the batteries are no good. I got another cart he had on a trade and bought batteries and all for it and it's been running good. Just thinking this one may be worth getting and fixing up. Any thoughts and opinions appreciated. I really like the lift and tires and all, so they would be a bonus. He's a hoarder and has a hard time letting things go, so he's not really negotiable on it. It'll probably sit there and return back to it's previous elemental state on it's journey turning back into earth's fundamental components if no one gives him what he wants for it. I'm wanting the councel of those wiser than me on this subject. My wife would say no way. Ha.
R.Boyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-27-2018, 02:21 PM   #2
ggroff
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2001 EZGO TXT Series Cart Value

$750 sounds high to me, is there a charger with it? I only paid $250 for a running 2000 TXT 36v, with charger. Yes, a real deal, but I see project carts in my area all the time for $500 or less. $750 should at least include batteries for a core.
ggroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 02:45 PM   #3
R.Boyd
Getting Wild

It does have a charger with it. I think it one of the Powerwise 36 volt chargers. I agree with the comment on the batteries. For that price, I would have to have them.
Old 11-27-2018, 03:32 PM   #4
golf cart man
Gone Unrestrained

Mixed Breed

To me you're in the cart for $750 + $1000 for batteries and you still aren't sure what you are going to have at that point. Still much restoration to be done. If you don't care about end value then I guess its better than a new cart but I would check out your local craigslist for help as far as good running cart values and then take that evidence to him for a real price.

Also if he's your uncle wheres the family discount?? I would say FREE its just sitting there collecting dust
golf cart man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 09:23 PM   #5
ggroff
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Here's what $1000 will get you in my area:

https://detroit.craigslist.org/mcb/s...756971646.html

And for $1525.... you get 48v and new batteries

https://detroit.craigslist.org/mcb/s...746436269.html
ggroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 09:32 PM   #6
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by golf cart man View Post
To me you're in the cart for $750 + $1000 for batteries and you still aren't sure what you are going to have at that point. Still much restoration to be done. If you don't care about end value then I guess its better than a new cart but I would check out your local craigslist for help as far as good running cart values and then take that evidence to him for a real price.

Also if he's your uncle wheres the family discount?? I would say FREE its just sitting there collecting dust
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 10:00 PM   #7
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggroff View Post
Here's what $1000 will get you in my area:

https://detroit.craigslist.org/mcb/s...756971646.html

And for $1525.... you get 48v and new batteries

https://detroit.craigslist.org/mcb/s...746436269.html

That second one is a steal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 10:53 AM   #8
TexTurbo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

The first one is a good deal.....

The second is a scam, we have had the same pic and ad on C/L here is central Texas a few times.... it is always a GREAT and heavily accessorized cart for $1000-1500... call or email it and your phone and email will blow up with robo-crap forever !

If it sounds or looks too good to be true, it usually is... makes it tough when you do have a cart to sell.

I have had good success finding and selling a couple of carts on Facebook, a local "Buy sell or Trade" group..

Just my $0.02.....

Last edited by TexTurbo; 11-29-2018 at 10:56 AM.. Reason: I type like a dyslexic blind buy, but I'm not !
TexTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 06:26 PM   #9
R.Boyd
Getting Wild

Thanks guys! It'll probably sit there till he's gone someday. I'll get it from his daughter then. I'm in agreement that it's not worth what he wants. If I had something to trade, I could probably get it reasonably. He likes to trade for stuff. That's how I got the other one he had. Bad thing is, my cousin had one just like it with no batteries and he hauled it to the scrap yard. Couldn't believe that one. I would have loved to get my hands on that one.
Old 11-29-2018, 09:00 PM   #10
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.Boyd View Post
Thanks guys! It'll probably sit there till he's gone someday. I'll get it from his daughter then. I'm in agreement that it's not worth what he wants. If I had something to trade, I could probably get it reasonably. He likes to trade for stuff. That's how I got the other one he had. Bad thing is, my cousin had one just like it with no batteries and he hauled it to the scrap yard. Couldn't believe that one. I would have loved to get my hands on that one.
Where are you located?
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO