lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-11-2018, 12:29 PM   #11
Lochlin
Gone Wild

Default Re: Cart is jumpy and won’t always go

Quote:
Originally Posted by zwaters004 View Post
I’ve had to replace my solenoid about 4 times. Someone mentioned it could be from a worn engine brush. Is that something that can be replaced or is that an entire engine replacement?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No need to replace the motor. Brushes are a common and pretty easy fix for a DYIer. Unfortunately, brushes for that particular motor aren't cheap. I want to say around $80 where most motors are more like $20. Good news is that getting that motor off of your shuttle is one of the easier ones. I believe only three bolts and that sucker should slide right off.

I too have an EZGo shuttle and just did my brushes this past summer as I had similar issues that you are seeing. In my case, once the shuttle was stopped it wouldn't go again. However, if I rocked the shuttle back and forth (thus vibrating the brushes and getting them to contact the armature just enough to get things going) the cart would jerk to a start again depending on where the accelerator was positioned when brush contact was made. It would run until stopped again. I knew immediately it was a mechanical issue and likely the brushes. When my motor was turning, the brush / spring motion kept them in contact with the armature. Lacking motion, though, they didn't have enough contact to start. Eventually my cart would have gotten worse and eventually stopped altogether. Brush job took care of things, though.

Like anything else, can't say for sure that this is your issue but I thought I would throw it out there.
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-11-2018, 12:33 PM   #12
Lochlin
Gone Wild

Default Re: Cart is jumpy and won’t always go

Oh, not sure how a bad brush could cause a solenoid to fail but they are in close proximity circuit-wise so who knows.
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO