lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-15-2019, 01:09 PM   #71
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2005 EZGO TXT won’t move

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgray70 View Post
You still need to do voltage checks. The procedure is in the stickies. Then you'll know for sure if the controller is sending voltage to the ITS, and if the ITS is sending signal back. New components can fail out of the box. It's cheaper to rule things out, rather than throw parts at it. From what I've read so far, it sounds like you are not getting a throttle signal.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
I'm not sure if the correct ITS checkout procedures for aftermarket controllers are in the stickies.

The thing to remember about the ITS throttle system is 2/3 of the circuit is in the controller, so each make/model controller has a different checkout as well as different mechanical adjustments in the Pedal box.

The same ITS sensor is used, but it is fed power from the controller and the returned throttle signal is decoded by the controller. Making things more interesting, the ITS sensor is patented and to use it without paying royalties, aftermarket controller manufacturers have to use it differently. Apparently Alltrax feds it with a constant current source while EZGO (Curtis) uses a constant voltage source, the net result is when connect to a Curtis controller the throttle signal voltage increases when the pedal is pushed while when connected to an Alltrax controller the throttle signal voltage decreases when the pedal is pushed.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-15-2019, 01:23 PM   #72
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
I'm not sure if the correct ITS checkout procedures for aftermarket controllers are in the stickies.
It is. That's why it was suggested, as well as many other things.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...e-testing.html

"Alltrax SPM, SPB, AXE & NPX controllers, measure the voltage between the two throttle pins (see pictures below) with the key on and the peddle depress just enough to active at the foot switch. You should hear the solenoid close at this time and have a lit LED light. You should see 10 volts on the throttle pins. Press the Pedal down to the floor, full throttle and you should see 6 volts."
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 05:24 PM   #73
Carolynski
Not Yet Wild

The cart is working today so I can’t do any tests. Funny thing about that toggle switch tho, I did take a look at that again and while the continuity cuts off when it’s switched off it doesn’t act like a tow switch that cuts the whole cart off. I switch it off and on and the cart moves in both positions when I bump the peddle forward or revers. I couldnt test johnnies theory today about half throttle but it would make sense about reverse because it easily squalls a tire if too much peddle in reverse.
So like Johnny said that leaves the black and white wires going to the throttle which I’ll test next time the cart quits.

Yurtle I’ve already told you the wire diagram matches and that it’s the orange wire that has the toggle switch and that only the 1234 ports on the controller box don’t match. Therefore the orange wire leaves the Alltrax controller box goes to the toggle then goes to MS4 on the FNR switchsame as the diagram.... except there’s a toggle added.
Carolynski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 05:35 PM   #74
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolynski View Post
The cart is working today so I can’t do any tests. Funny thing about that toggle switch tho, I did take a look at that again and while the continuity cuts off when it’s switched off it doesn’t act like a tow switch that cuts the whole cart off. I switch it off and on and the cart moves in both positions when I bump the peddle forward or revers. I couldnt test johnnies theory today about half throttle but it would make sense about reverse because it easily squalls a tire if too much peddle in reverse.
So like Johnny said that leaves the black and white wires going to the throttle which I’ll test next time the cart quits.

Yurtle I’ve already told you the wire diagram matches and that it’s the orange wire that has the toggle switch and that only the 1234 ports on the controller box don’t match. Therefore the orange wire leaves the Alltrax controller box goes to the toggle then goes to MS4 on the FNR switchsame as the diagram.... except there’s a toggle added.
If you told me, then I missed it. Obviously JohnnyB did too, given his assumption it's a 1/2 speed "kiddy" mode, which it isn't from your description.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post

Normally, Pin-4 gets pack voltage on it via MS-4 on the F/R assembly, but that would limit the added switch to only being able to turn 1/2 speed on or off during reverse, which is of little value. I suspect the added switch is being fed from a source that has pack voltage on it all the time, or all the time the key is on. That would put the controller in 1/2 speed so it could be driven by the kids or similar reason.
Which pin on the Alltrax does the orange wire go to? If it matches the attached for 1/2 speed reverse pin 4, then goes to beeper AND MS4, then it's simply a 1/2 speed reverse kill switch, and not a 1/2 speed "kiddy" mode.

To get "kiddy" mode, like JohnnyB said, you'd need to apply pack + to pin 4.
Attached Images
File Type: gif AXE-Wire-Diagram.gif (37.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 03-16-2019, 05:44 PM   #75
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Can you please list the things you replaced, one last time?

You've either got:

an intermittently loose wire/spade connector,
an intermittent key switch or microswitch
a failing controller

I'd suspect a loose spade connector first. If it can stop working then start working by doing nothing other than letting it "rest", without touching anything, I'd suspect a dying controller.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Doc100-043-B_DWG-AXE-EZGO-Wire-Dia.pdf (174.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 03-16-2019, 05:51 PM   #76
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:

You can do the throttle voltage test we've been asking for. Maybe it's not blue enough, but the next line is a link you can click on.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...e-testing.html

"Alltrax SPM, SPB, AXE & NPX controllers, measure the voltage between the two throttle pins (see pictures below) with the key on and the peddle depress just enough to active at the foot switch. You should hear the solenoid close at this time and have a lit LED light. You should see 10 volts on the throttle pins. Press the Pedal down to the floor, full throttle and you should see 6 volts."[/QUOTE]
Old 03-16-2019, 06:07 PM   #77
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
same as the diagram.... except there’s a toggle added.
If it's the same as the wiring diagram then does the 1/2 speed beeper connect to the orange wire or to MS4? MS4 provides pack + to the backup beeper and to the controller, telling the controller to only apply 1/2 of the throttle position, so 100% = 50%. Does flipping the toggle switch limit WOT (Wide Open Throttle)? This may explain why your controller doesn't go amber with the throttle to the floor.
Old 03-17-2019, 09:53 AM   #78
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurtle View Post
Can you please list the things you replaced, one last time?

You've either got:

an intermittently loose wire/spade connector,
an intermittent key switch or microswitch
a failing controller

I'd suspect a loose spade connector first. If it can stop working then start working by doing nothing other than letting it "rest", without touching anything, I'd suspect a dying controller.
I found this on Alltrax' website. Prolly no help but who knows?
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Doc120-053-A_TN013-AXE-NPX-Troubleshooting-Guide.pdf (120.9 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO