lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-28-2010, 03:56 PM   #1
csport
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default OK- how bad would it be to convert a Bad boy to

OK I have a five year old Bad Boy, and after reading the Rant below, It seems I would be wise taking another path, than trying to decipher their wiring.

How hard would it be to convert the 4 wheel system to? Another type of 4 wheel drive( Different controler and wire from scratch)

Change to a 2 wheel drive and leave 4 wheel front axle as is? just not an axle that would pull

Change to a 2 wheel drive and replace existing front axle with a normal cart axle and use the cart as a two wheel drive?

I am begining to understand, just because I used to build, some hotrods, does not mean I can match witts with some of the cart builders out there, especially since some seemed to be built by folks that were flying by the seat of their pants- I do admire the skill that you all posses. I just want a clear path to a solution for my cart.

thanks CSports
csport is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-28-2010, 05:06 PM   #2
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: OK- how bad would it be to convert a Bad boy to

I think a good answer is WHY, what is your goal or problem.
I am not a sparkler man but I do know that it does seem some of the wiring on carts is over injunneered.
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 05:46 PM   #3
csport
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

the buggy is sitting, wont go- forward reverse, no anything

I have bad legs and I use a cart t get out in the woods- I want the thing to work
simple enough
csport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 05:58 PM   #4
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Some sparkler guys will jump in.
I think you should start at the master solinoid and check if it is receiving voltage.
I would lift it on jack stands in the back for safty.
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 07:53 PM   #5
roady89
nimda
Club Car

If you converted it to anything it would still be wired about the same so doing that isn't going to gain you MUCH....when I say MUCH the navitas controller has about 12 or so control wires whereas an Alltrax for example only has 3 min to make it run. Then it has 5 main cable connections and an Alltrax has at least 3. You can do it but its still going to be a wiring nightmare unless your good with wiring carts and I'm pretty sure no one here has done it.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 08:50 PM   #6
Xtreme Cartz
The Fabricator

I will buy your 4wd front axle and give you a lifted EZGO front end to bolt on if you wanna change it to 2wd.
Xtreme Cartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 01:28 AM   #7
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I have to agree with Roady.... it would be a wiring NIGHTMARE.

The biggest issue (or should I say the first BIG issue?) would be to determine which version of Bad Boy Buggie you have. The original variations were based on E-Z-GO frames, the second generation was based on Club Car frames, the 3rd generation went back to E-Z-GO frames but were heavily modified, and I believe the latest generation uses a completely new frame that some rocket scientist at Bad Boy dreamed up......
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 09:15 AM   #8
COURTESYCART
Gone Wild

most of teh BBB i have seen have a self diag controller. look for a led on teh controller. if you have good power form your batts. it will flash a code. google that code and it will put you in the right location. i have done this several times.

Hint of advise. Fix the cart as cheap as possible, Sell it to an idiot that wants one and get you an electric EZGO. You will enjoy it much better for simplicity and fewer break downs. Everytime I see a BBB I just see dollar signs.
COURTESYCART is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 10:22 AM   #9
upstatewoodie
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

trying to find out info on making my 2008 classic BBB 2wd also. any info would be great. thank you in advance
upstatewoodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 11:22 AM   #10
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

This was a thread last posted to in 2010, I doubt they will respond.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO