lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-21-2013, 01:19 PM   #11
lococummins
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Reverse buzzer diconnect

I used a piece of electric tape and achieved the same results as above.
lococummins is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-21-2013, 04:19 PM   #12
Maverick18
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Sorry for the stupid question.

Can some one show me what it looks like and where it's located? I've only owned a cart for less than 2 weeks.

thanks,
Maverick18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 09:06 PM   #13
Knothead
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by eflyguy View Post
I pulled mine, very annoying at horse shows. Car doesn't beep when going backwards..
..a
Ditto! My trucks, car, Jeep, Honda Rancher, or Kawasaki MULE don't have one.....& neither does my buggy! I built this rig to QUIETLY slip around while hunting. Why in the heck would I want a backup beeper!? I could see (sorta) how it would be possibly beneficial on a golf course or other crowded areas, especially when alcohol might be involved, but doesn't really make sense why it would be a factor, even in litigations. The Stealth buggies don't have a beeper, & I'm fairly certain that Polaris electric Rangers don't, either......
Knothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 09:55 PM   #14
rib33024

you can hear a trucks, car, Jeep, Honda Rancher, or Kawasaki MULE running, you can't hear a electric cart running untill you hear the person or animal you ran over screaming
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 10:13 PM   #15
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick18 View Post

Can some one show me what it looks like and where it's located? I've only owned a cart for less than 2 weeks.

thanks,
Turn it on reverse and your ears will tell you where it is.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 11:10 PM   #16
Knothead
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by rib33024 View Post
you can hear a trucks, car, Jeep, Honda Rancher, or Kawasaki MULE running, you can't hear a electric cart running untill you hear the person or animal you ran over screaming
Pretty sure I can't hear an electric cart running AFTER I hear the person or animal I ran over screaming, either....

Seriously, though, I see your point & won't argue with it. I do still stick with my opinion, though. The whole purpose of my build is a quiet, stealthy hunting buggy, & a backup beeper defeats that purpose. If I were using it around lots of people/animals, I would feel differently. I always look back to see where I'm going, so know that I will never run over somebody when MEANING to have the buggy in reverse, but can see where the beeper definitely would keep me from causing harm to somebody/something if I had it in reverse while THINKING I had it in forward. I actually considered installing an LED bulb in the dash, to be used as a "reverse" indicator by powering it from the beeper wire, but don't know if the controller circuitry will handle the load of an LED bulb.
Knothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 11:18 PM   #17
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

The "curtis" rxv can have the reverse beeper turned off in controller settings (using handheld programmer), or unplugged i think. The "danaher" rxv will not run with reverse beeper disconnected. If you are using it in public places, or others will be driving it, dont fully mute it, unsafe for the oblivious public.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 11:40 PM   #18
TreeBass
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Mine came disconnected, dangling white wire I believe. No use for where I'm at.

Good luck
TreeBass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 09:23 AM   #19
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick18 View Post

thanks,
Series cart, under the FnR switch cover, pds behind the key switch plate, RXV, under the controller dust cover. Gas carts are usually next to the FnR lever
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 10:31 AM   #20
sportcoupe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Cars and trucks don't have a reverse buzzer because they have reverse lights indicating they are backing up. Golf carts don't so they have buzzers.
sportcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO