lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-31-2014, 06:40 PM   #1
wildandwonderfulprod
Gone Wild

Default Bad Boy Buggy Problem(s) HELP!!!

Let me start by apologizing if I put this in the wrong forum, I wasn't sure where to post - heard ezgo bought BBB out.

I purchased a 2008 Bad Boy buggy from a friend of mine last year. He knew NOTHING about the cart (got it free from a sponsorship in hunting TV industry) It had toasted batteries in it. I replaced them with new interstate batteries. (8-6vs)

Now that it is running, there are two issues that I have noticed SO FAR.

1. The rear motor is not working (as in not pulling) Only the front wheels are pulling and I'm a CC guy, so not sure where to start. could it be a solenoid? I can hear a loud "CLICK" when I turn on the ignition. I read on another site that it could be a controller issue? If you look at my other posts you'll see that I built myself a CC DS from the ground up for hunting, so i'm somewhat inclined to certain generic golf cart issues, but I've never fooled with an EZ Go, or a BBB at all.

2. The front motor sounds like its grinding when you are coasting. What could that be? Need sent off and re-worked? Its pulling, just sounds like a dried up bearing-type-situation.

I've heard tell that BBB are terrible to work on, but for the price I got this one, i'm willing to get it running if theres hope for it!

Anyone know where to start??????
wildandwonderfulprod is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-07-2014, 07:11 PM   #2
wildandwonderfulprod
Gone Wild

Dont everyone jump at once!
wildandwonderfulprod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 07:22 PM   #3
Edarien
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Does your have separate controllers and motors for the front and rear?

Or does it have one motor and a drive shaft to the front?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Edarien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 07:38 PM   #4
Revolution
Voltaholic

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Bad Boy Buggy Problem(s) HELP!!!

I have a 05 or 06, still not sure, BBB. From looking at the wiring in it (won't be there much longer) there is a separate solenoid to activate the front motor. Mine has a dead controller so I don't really know how its supposed to work.

I would test for voltage at the rear motor and go from there. Mine uses a sw202 reversing contactor for both motors then the second contactor to activate the front motor. So to me it sounds like a bad motor in the rear.

Frist thing: check to see it the rear motor is getting any voltage. If you have voltage it could be bad brushes or a toasted motor.

Second: if no voltage to motor, check both contactors, yours is very likely wired different than mine.

On my project BBB the motors are good and I will scrap the wiring harness and make a new one. I am going to use two controllers one for each motor so I can have front, rear, or 4 wheel drive.

I will try to make some notes about the original harness when I take it out if it will help you. It will be at least a week before I pull the old harness.
Revolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO