lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-07-2014, 06:11 AM   #21
JMGreco
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Battery Break in Question

Johnnie, after twelve hours off the charger, pack voltage was 51.2. Plugged the charger back in and an hour and half later, floating at 52.7.
JMGreco is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-07-2014, 07:05 AM   #22
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMGreco View Post
Johnnie, after twelve hours off the charger, pack voltage was 51.2. Plugged the charger back in and an hour and half later, floating at 52.7.
The On-Charge voltage is reaching 63V, the At-Rest voltage is at 100% SoC and the Float is above the At-Rest voltage and below the gassing voltage, so I guess I was being overly paranoid.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 07:08 AM   #23
JMGreco
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Johnnie, I appreciate all of your input and guidance. I am anal retentive by nature and started getting worried that my new pack was not going to live up to its full potential. I feel better knowing that all is well - thanks again.
Old 04-07-2014, 07:31 AM   #24
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumner121 View Post
I have a 94 club car and am only on day two of my 48 volt conversion which means my second charge. Love the difference! However with Trojan batteries and a DPI charger I am getting the same reading 52.8 after about 45 minutes of the green light being on. The DPI chargers are factory programmed to mode 2 right?
It depends on the self-discharge rate of your batteries and some other factors, but your pack may not decrease all the way down to the float voltage in just 45 minutes.

My calculations indicate the 48V float charge voltage in Mode-2 will be about 52.5V, but both my 36V in Mode-2 and my 42V in Mode-3 run about 0.2V higher than my calculations.

The important this is that the float voltage is a bit above the 100% SoC At-Rest voltage (50.93V for Trojan) and well below the gassing voltage (57.36V).

The easy way to find out what Mode your DPI charger is in, is unplug it from the AC outlet and then watch the front-panel as you plug it back in. The number of times all five LEDs flash indicates what mode it is in.
Old 04-07-2014, 07:39 AM   #25
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
It depends on the self-discharge rate of your batteries and some other factors, but your pack may not decrease all the way down to the float voltage in just 45 minutes.

My calculations indicate the 48V float charge voltage in Mode-2 will be about 52.5V, but both my 36V in Mode-2 and my 42V in Mode-3 run about 0.2V higher than my calculations.

The important this is that the float voltage is a bit above the 100% SoC At-Rest voltage (50.93V for Trojan) and well below the gassing voltage (57.36V).

The easy way to find out what Mode your DPI charger is in, is unplug it from the AC outlet and then watch the front-panel as you plug it back in. The number of times all five LEDs flash indicates what mode it is in.
My DPI(48v) floats my Crowns and 52.6-7. Mode 2
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 07:42 AM   #26
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMGreco View Post
Johnnie, I appreciate all of your input and guidance. I am anal retentive by nature and started getting worried that my new pack was not going to live up to its full potential. I feel better knowing that all is well - thanks again.
Sorry if I aided and abetted the pucker factor.
Old 04-07-2014, 08:03 AM   #27
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kernal View Post
My DPI(48v) floats my Crowns and 52.6-7. Mode 2
In their latest manual, DPI has this ambiguous statement: Mode ‘4’ or Orange: Use for Crown / AGM Batteries

I'm not sure if that means use Mode-4 for Crown batteries or AGM batteries, or if it means AGM batteries made by Crown.

---------
Just curious, what is the100% SoC AT-Rest voltage on your Crown batteries? The same as Trojan?

It is a bit higher than Trojan on my Exide batteries, but not as high as US Battery.
Old 04-07-2014, 08:28 AM   #28
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
In their latest manual, DPI has this ambiguous statement: Mode ‘4’ or Orange: Use for Crown / AGM Batteries

I'm not sure if that means use Mode-4 for Crown batteries or AGM batteries, or if it means AGM batteries made by Crown.

---------
Just curious, what is the100% SoC AT-Rest voltage on your Crown batteries? The same as Trojan?

It is a bit higher than Trojan on my Exide batteries, but not as high as US Battery.
I'm aware of this. Called Scottyb who said use mode 2. I couldn't find guidance from Crown on the internet. I didn't call them.

I will check and report.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 09:21 AM   #29
JMGreco
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Johnnie - confirming LED test on DPI charger. All LED flashed once, I pulled the plate on the front of the charger to confirm I set the jumpers correctly and they are set to mode 1, jumpers in the top two locations and bottom two empty.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO