lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-27-2010, 08:29 PM   #1
Billfo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Fwd / Rev Switch

In a few weeks I will be taking my 05 TXT Gas cart to the lake & bringing back the 97 36V TXT for repairs. As we may recall, it suddenly stopped running. Got the selonoid click & 36.8 Volts.. Have not checked anything except voltage. I will go thru every connection when I get the cart home.. However..... as I recall the forward/reverse switch ( that is behind the knee) is EXTREMELY hard to change from fwd/rev , but the reverse does beeeeeep..It was like this when I got the cart. My wife can barely operate the switch.. It is similar to applying enough pressure with your palm to smash a raw squash. If I were a bet'n man, I say the switch finally went bad.. BUT is this hard operation is common sympton of the fwd/rev switch going bad ? I see them on ebay for $89-$179. Anyone know if this is the one I "probably" need for a 97 36V ?
Thanks for your input.

EZ GO Golf Cart part F & R Switch assemblie - series
5070-n 70578-G01 electric vehicles only not dcs carts
this is a new F&R Switch assembly. Fits 1994- up EZ-Go vehicle that are series not for DCS , nor for the new RXV vehicles.
Billfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-27-2010, 08:44 PM   #2
dghii
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Fwd / Rev Switch

please see my thread about "always check the easy stuff". My cart exhibited the same symptoms as yours. While going through the troubleshooting guide, I assumed that a connector (under cart between pedal box and controller) would not be bad but that turned out to be the problem.
dghii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 09:15 PM   #3
Billfo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Just read it. Thanks.. Looks like I will have to print out the trouble shooting instructions & just start looking.. My biggest hurdle will be finding where the parts actually are & what they are actually called..But I will get thru it. . Let the fun begin in about 3-4 weeks. At least I can do it at my leasure then..
Thanks..

Quote:
Originally Posted by dghii View Post
please see my thread about "always check the easy stuff". My cart exhibited the same symptoms as yours. While going through the troubleshooting guide, I assumed that a connector (under cart between pedal box and controller) would not be bad but that turned out to be the problem.
Old 09-27-2010, 09:27 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Loosen the 9/16ths nut on the backside of the handle pivot rod. Just undo it about 1 turn and see if that doesn't make it easier. DO not go too loose as to create loose connections on the contacts at the switch cam but it should not be so tight as to feel like squishing a raw squash.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 09:49 PM   #5
Billfo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Well I can certainly do that !!! Thanks for the tip !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Loosen the 9/16ths nut on the backside of the handle pivot rod. Just undo it about 1 turn and see if that doesn't make it easier. DO not go too loose as to create loose connections on the contacts at the switch cam but it should not be so tight as to feel like squishing a raw squash.
Old 09-28-2010, 01:42 PM   #6
THUNDERBASES
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Try GE grease on the contacts. It looks like vaseline. We use it at work on the blades of the bigger disconnect switches. This will certainly help. I guess you could use vaseline.
THUNDERBASES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 01:53 PM   #7
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

The correct lube is called dielectric grease, and is available in small tubes at any auto parts store.

Billfo, you may want to review this thread:

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...m-install.html
gornoman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 02:28 PM   #8
Billfo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Good information. Thanks for the link.. I would probably just clean up & replace the bolts if there was a fitment issue like he did..

Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gornoman View Post
The correct lube is called dielectric grease, and is available in small tubes at any auto parts store.

Billfo, you may want to review this thread:

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...m-install.html
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO