lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-08-2017, 05:48 PM   #1
yamahaguy97
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Crazy mystery

hey,

I have only ever had a couple difficult G29 carts to deal with so far, but this one is much more of a pain. 2007 G29 converted over to use 8v batteries. Batteries in it are charged at 50v now. no click from solenoid when pedal is pushed, so i changed out key switch and the stop switch for good measure. Still no go, so I confirmed the small fuse was still ok and it was. checked solenoid and it is ok, 50v is getting to the solenoid coming in from the main +. but for some reason the power stops there and is not getting to the controller. The repair book said to check for full battery voltage between the Pos and the A2/negative tabs on the controller. I don't get any reading

So I changed out the controller and still no change. I examined the controller wires going to the motor and wires going to the solenoid and battery pack, all show continuity. So I am really stumped . With these carts, when you turn the key on you are supposed to hear the solenoid click but I don't. I already checked the stop switch and key switch which are ok.

I am basically concluding now that there is a wire or more in the harness somewhere that is bad, or even a bad wire going to the large MCU plug on the harness.

Anyone that can think of anything else I may have missed please chime in yamaha experts..it's driving me crazy

thanks
yamahaguy97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha