lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-14-2017, 11:18 AM   #1
CoryN
Not Yet Wild

Default Run/Tow switch and resistance to pushing

I have a 2007 G29.

I have replaced the controller with an alltrax 400 and upgraded the solenoid at the same time. Brand new batteries, 6x8.

I am trying to diagnose an intermittent issue.

What level of resistance should I get when trying to push the cart while it is in run mode? I am not sensing any resistance both when the cart appears to be in fully functional mode, nor when the intermittent issue is happening. It appears to be the same when in run or in tow position. I see this often asked in other threads when attempting to diagnose an issue. Does it make a difference between a stock or upgraded controller?

I do know that the sepex system is working, as when I release the accelerator I can definitely feel the cart wanting to brake.

Thanks in advance.
CoryN is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-14-2017, 02:04 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Run/Tow switch and resistance to pushing

It isn't exactly the same on aftermarket controllers. They don't act totally identical.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 02:55 PM   #3
CoryN
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Run/Tow switch and resistance to pushing

That is helpful. I don't recall trying to push it in run mode before I replaced the controller so I don't have a basis point.

I do not get a click off the solenoid when I click the tow/run switch, but the green light on the controller does cycle on and off, so it appears the switch is working.

I also do not get a click when I turn the key on and off, but I do get a strong click off the pedal.

My issue is an intermittent loss of all function. It has happened three times now, once after a full round of golf, once after a two mile lake cruise, and once after going around the block. All three times it was fresh off the charger.

I appear to regain function if I rock the cart back and forth a few feet, while in run mode, clicking the solenoid a few times. The first two times the cart was towed home and sat for a while before I got it going again. The last time, I was able to get it going again after a couple of rocking motions.

My first reaction was perhaps something was overheating and it was shutting down, but that was not the case on the last occurrence. And my second reaction was a low battery charge, but again the last occurrence was right off the charger with maybe a block of travel.

Only other item I can think of is I added a light kit with a voltage reducer. Any chance that is causing an issue? Lights have always worked even though the cart won't move.
CoryN is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha