lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-29-2009, 11:27 PM   #1
chris sanders
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Suggestions on mods to learn from your experience

Hey everyone, I am brand new to all of this. I do HVAC work and have built muscle cars my whole life, but new to golf carts. Here is what I have done and just want to know if I am missing the small things that you guys know about. It is a 2000 ezgo gas stock cart we bought to ride our little girl around on but ya gotta play with it. I put a 4" lift on it with 10" polished wheels and 20 inch aggressive tires. I added a rear flipflop seat, radio, lights, monroe shocks, and the polaris 250 belt that I read about. Adjusted the gouvenor nut about 3/8 of an inch up. Switched to mobil one oil and adjusted the valves to .005 as in anouther thread. Cart starts great, runs good, doesn't seem to still have as much torgue as it did with the original 18" tires, but the belt did help. With 4 people, it is all that it wants, but I understand it 9hp and 9hp is 9hp. So I guess my question is does all of this sound pretty normal as far as power or is there more I can do without breaking the bank. Thanks Guys and the little girl loves it, have trouble getting her off of it and that is really what it is intended for anyway.
chris sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-29-2009, 11:40 PM   #2
Radicalgolfcarts
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Suggestions on mods to learn from your experience

Welcome!!! I think everyone is in bed... But im still up! The only thing you can do to the stock motor for torque, is change the rear clutch from the 36 degree to the 28 degree, I think is a very good improvement! The 28 is what the use on the 11hp motors. http://radicalgolfcarts.com/EZ-GO_It...gree__&ID=1017
Radicalgolfcarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 11:45 PM   #3
chris sanders
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

From the other post I read I thought this would not be any different than going to the polaris belt, but like I said I know nothing about this and I am trying to learn. In your oppinion how much difference would this make and would I keep the short belt or go back to the stock belt? Thanks
Old 03-29-2009, 11:48 PM   #4
Radicalgolfcarts
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I can't tell you that a shorter belt will or will not be the same since I have never tried the shorter belt! I think it makes a difference, its deffinently a noticable difference! If you want try it if you don't likey send it back! I also do like it with the 350 belt, its got the teeth on top and bottom, kinda like a snowmobile belt.
Old 03-30-2009, 12:08 AM   #5
chris sanders
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

You probably explained this but I may of not understood. If I go to the 28 clutch can I still keep the short belt or will I need to go back to the long belt?
Will the clutch and the belt both help or hinder? Also it looks like you all sell this stuff, I read that it is good to go to the heavy duty springs in rear with the seat will this help?
Old 03-30-2009, 12:11 AM   #6
chris sanders
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

That sounded stupid I mean will the springs help as far as driving with people on the back or is something that is really not needed with good shocks. I didn't mean help with the torque sometimes I don't type what I am thinking!
Old 03-30-2009, 12:29 AM   #7
Radicalgolfcarts
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I think the heavy duty springs are a must when having a rear seat. As for the shorter belt with the 28 degree clutch? I think it would be to much. Give me a call tomorrow if you want 989-992-7601
Old 03-30-2009, 12:44 AM   #8
chris sanders
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Sounds great thanks for the info, I will try to give you a call.
Old 03-30-2009, 09:19 PM   #9
tonyton
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Hi. Ive got a 99 EZ w/ 350cc stock. 22" tires slowed it too mcuh at the bottom. The 28deg, clutch was all I knew of at the time. It works really well. It still has the top end and with more pull. It does rev higher though because of OUR gov adj. Mine goes a little faster than stock It will go up more inclines.
I use the HD belt w/ ribs on the top and bottom. It cost about 50.00 vs 28.00 for stock
I tried the 1" shorter belt on the 28 and it makes more of a jerky response which some like. It seemed to take some off top speed (not top RPM) I liked the HD belt, stock lenght. (This cart came w/ the HD belt)
You need new HD rear springs. Stock are not emough. Hope this is clear enough to understand. I'm confused.
tonyton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 09:52 PM   #10
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I liked the shorter belt but when I got my clutch machined it was too tight and hard to shift in the 28 degree. I sent my clutch to CPP ( site sponsor) and Tom changed it to a 28 degree and machined it to close a little more so the belt pushes up out o the pulleys for the lowest gearing possible
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO