lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-05-2020, 02:20 PM   #181
DFW Rusty
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: My 36V TXT build.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kernal View Post
You might try the "dual action" rear springs. This is old tech but fairly new to golf carts. I have them on my RXV. Rides like a standard cart unloaded and I've had ~500lbs on the back with no rubs or bottoming out.

20" tall tires and not lifted.

One example: https://www.jasonsgolfcarts.com/E_Z_...p/spn-2031.htm

shop around
I did not see that before I ordered everything. I'll see how the stock style springs work and go from there.

I contacted the manufacturer of my lift kit and they said they will send me a new steering rod and (2) rod ends for $30... Not bad.
DFW Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-06-2020, 07:32 AM   #182
DFW Rusty
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I guess I was meant to have dual rate. The dealer I ordered the springs from called me and said he had to refund my money because he was out of the springs and didn't know when he would have more. I turned right around and ordered dual rate springs!

Thanks for the tip!
Old 05-13-2020, 12:41 PM   #183
DFW Rusty
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Replaced the rear springs. Did not expect what I found when I pulled the rear tires off, pass side spring was broke in half! I knew the spring was totaled, but I didn't realize it was snapped in half.

I replaced the springs with the dual rate springs.... They are 100% stiffer. than the originals, hopefully they brake in and ride a little softer.

If I have time, this evening I will replace the front tie rod and shocks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20200512_183411.jpg (180.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20200512_200727.jpg (286.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-13-2020, 02:12 PM   #184
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Those aren't "dual action" springs. Those are 3 leaf heavy duty springs. Dual action springs are a single leaf with a very short helper that is engaged when extra weight is added. At least that is what is on my cart.

Searching around looks like suppliers are calling everything "dual action" now whether they are or not.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 09:05 AM   #185
DFW Rusty
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kernal View Post
Those aren't "dual action" springs. Those are 3 leaf heavy duty springs. Dual action springs are a single leaf with a very short helper that is engaged when extra weight is added. At least that is what is on my cart.

Searching around looks like suppliers are calling everything "dual action" now whether they are or not.

Yup.... Took it for a ride last night and it rode like hell.... I sent an e-mail to the supplier letting him know these are not dual action. These are too stiff for riding around our area!

I'm a little irritated right now, I could have gotten standard springs for $60, I paid over $100 for these, so I'm a little ticked right now!
Old 06-10-2020, 09:44 AM   #186
DFW Rusty
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Update on the springs. They are dual rate. The cart rides really nice. We've put about 50 miles on the cart since I fixed the suspension. It rides so nice, whether it's by myself or with the entire family.

The website I bought the springs off of re-assured me the springs were in fact dual rate and that it would take a week or 2 to get broke in.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO