lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-11-2010, 09:58 AM   #1
brado
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default cart doesn't work just beeps

Hello, I am new at all of this so sorry if I sound stupid here, I was golfing yesterday, 2nd trip out on my new to me 99 EZ go with dcs, I just replaced all of the batteries. I was going down a very steep hill on the course, when I was on the top of the hill I stopped to let the cart in front of me get down the hill I released the brake and slowly started down the hill the cart started to beep at me as I started down the hill, when I got to the bottom of the hill I hit the throttle and it went from a beep beep to a solid beep. and the cart will not go at all . with the key off it still beeps, even with the run switch to the tow position and the key off it beeps. the only way it stops beeping is with the batteries disconected. If anyone can help I would sure be gratefull.
Thanks,
Brado
brado is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-11-2010, 10:55 AM   #2
FIXEROFCARTS
Gone Wild

Default Re: cart doesn't work just beeps

Turn Run/tow switch to off, then switch back on, see if beeping stops. if not chances are good bad solenoid.
FIXEROFCARTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 11:03 AM   #3
brado
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I will check that right now I have not messed with it since yesterday on the course, also i should have added first that it seemed to be going slow (almost like it was compression braking) going down the hill, then it started beeping as i was going down the hill. I will go out and check and get back to you.
Old 04-11-2010, 11:19 AM   #4
brado
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Ok after sitting all night with no power and following fixers lead it still just beeps, however with the switch to run when I turn the key on I can hear the solenoid thunk, as well as if I move it between forward and reverse. so is that a tell tell sign that the solrnoid is bad??
Old 04-11-2010, 11:21 AM   #5
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Cart is "beeping" because the controller thinks it is rolling. Probably a controller or one of your forward or reverse micro's...

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 11:40 AM   #6
brado
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

where are the controllers? forward and reverse micro's seem to work as the selonoid thunks when switch between forward and reverse.
Old 04-11-2010, 02:52 PM   #7
FIXEROFCARTS
Gone Wild

when it sarted beeping when rolling down the hill, that was normal, as the regen system started to kick in.

With it beeping all the time, thats not normal, but I am surprised the system wont reset with the Run/tow switch cycled.

I would try next to get the system to reset by disconnecting a battery lead, make sure the car is in tow.

If it continues to beep in any position and in off, I would say a controller is at fault. And 99% of the time, the only 2 issues it is are a solenoid or controller. DCS controllers were weak to begin with.
Old 04-11-2010, 02:56 PM   #8
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

The solenoid should NOT CLICK when shifting the F/R. If this is so, then I would say that you ALSO have a bad pedal micro switch.

You're much better off taking the cart to a shop and paying them an hours labor charge for a diagnosis.

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 03:01 PM   #9
FIXEROFCARTS
Gone Wild

Good catch MMT, a rolled over pedal micro is normally at fault for this, and its an easy check.
Old 04-12-2010, 09:46 AM   #10
brado
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

How do I check the pedal micro? Can you talk me thru it??
Thank you everyone for your help.
Brado
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO