lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-17-2010, 01:56 PM   #1
tsto72
Not Yet Wild

Default New controller needed but which one?

First off i'm a new cart owner, & have a friend working on my cart & the problem seems to be the controller (confirming my assessment before I gave it to him). I was in the process of adding a battery gauge & lights when I believe I fried the controller. I've read a little about high performance controllers & am really not sure what's the best replacement for mine (do I need a high performance one?). I have a stock 2002 36volt ezgo. Currently i'm happy with the carts performance (power & speed) & am not looking to customize it with lift kits or bigger tires (at this time). The cart is driven mainly on private dirt roads with not much grade excep for a fairly large hill down to the lake (which the cart is used for mostly). Any suggestions on which controller is best for this situation? Obviously i'd like to maintain what I have but if a stock controller won't last in this situation then perhapes I need a high performance one. The time is fast approaching when i'll need the cart. Appreciate any advice.
tsto72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-17-2010, 02:04 PM   #2
golfcarfixer
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: New controller needed but which one?

Just keep the stock one it will work just fine.
golfcarfixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 04:15 PM   #3
pggroves
steeplejack x

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsto72 View Post
First off i'm a new cart owner, & have a friend working on my cart & the problem seems to be the controller (confirming my assessment before I gave it to him). I was in the process of adding a battery gauge & lights when I believe I fried the controller. I've read a little about high performance controllers & am really not sure what's the best replacement for mine (do I need a high performance one?). I have a stock 2002 36volt ezgo. Currently i'm happy with the carts performance (power & speed) & am not looking to customize it with lift kits or bigger tires (at this time). The cart is driven mainly on private dirt roads with not much grade excep for a fairly large hill down to the lake (which the cart is used for mostly). Any suggestions on which controller is best for this situation? Obviously i'd like to maintain what I have but if a stock controller won't last in this situation then perhapes I need a high performance one. The time is fast approaching when i'll need the cart. Appreciate any advice.
I figure you have to come back up that hill so get a 400A controller and not only will you not have to worry about performance now it also gives you the option of adding customization in the future if you so choose.
pggroves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 06:12 PM   #4
hitmanharleyk
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsto72 View Post
Being you have a problem with your stock one and it seems that it needs to be replaced, get yourself a Alltrax and you'll be glad you did in the long run.
hitmanharleyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 06:15 PM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by pggroves View Post
I figure you have to come back up that hill so get a 400A controller and not only will you not have to worry about performance now it also gives you the option of adding customization in the future if you so choose.
If PG says it then it is so. ....... get the 400a ....
that's what I was gonna say
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 06:43 PM   #6
tsto72
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the quick response. Not to sound completely stupid but i'm unable to match my controller #73326G04 with a replacement. I believe it's a 50amp? Is the 400amp controller your recommending an alltrax or curtis? Also I read somewhere that these have to be programmed? I'm hoping to pull something out of the box, mount it, plug it in & drive away.
tsto72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 08:20 PM   #7
pggroves
steeplejack x

E-Z-GO

If its a series cart then get a NPX4844. Or if you like programming the AXE4844 version. If its a PDS then the NCX300(300A stk repl) or DCX400 will work. Alltrax is usually a bit more economical than Curtis. The NPX or NCX are pretty much plug and play. The AXE and DCX offer programming via PC through a interface and free software from Alltrax.
pggroves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 08:30 PM   #8
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by pggroves View Post
If its a series cart then get a NPX4844. Or if you like programming the AXE4844 version. If its a PDS then the NCX300(300A stk repl) or DCX400 will work. Alltrax is usually a bit more economical than Curtis. The NPX or NCX are pretty much plug and play. The AXE and DCX offer programming via PC through a interface and free software from Alltrax.
See?
I told ya so
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO