lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-05-2008, 07:12 PM   #1
Monsterezgokid
Kid no more!!

E-Z-GO

Post Motor question

Hey everyone.. well today i picked up some carts, and one of them is a club car. Thing is, i forgot to take a pic or right down the serial number, so i dont know what year it is.. but i do know that i has the newer style motor in it, not the old one that the motor basicaly stood up in it.. now i remeber looking quickly at the motor, and i need some help identifying it. its a pre 2000.5 cart wich has the older seat back style on it, but i was wondering if someone can post some pics of the motor so i can guess if its ccw cw rotation or the 350 motor in it... did they make regular club cars with the 350 in it. unfortunetly i dont have the cart here for easy access to identify it, it needs the clutch, and starter motor.. it is a ohv engine

i do remeber looking which side the rear end pully is on the passenger side if that helps..

I know alot about the ezgo's, but have no real precise info on the club cars... and help would be greatly appreciated. Please i need pics to help identify too.. also if you have pics of the component box with the cover off.. it looked like some stuff was missing too

Ill be picking up all my carts i bought on sunday, and ill sure to keep ya all updated
Monsterezgokid is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-06-2008, 12:40 AM   #2
johnusarmy
Gone Wild

Default Re: Motor question

hey im sure someone will verify this but i believe in 97 the swithed the drive to the passenger side, so u may have a 97 or newer...
johnusarmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 01:45 AM   #3
4x4 CC
Frog Hunter

Club Car

All CC's have the clutches on the passenger side. The 92-96 had a fe290 motor that turned CW. The older ones ran CCW the 1996.5- present ones run CW. No, CC never put a 350 in a standard cart. (that i know of) Sorry bout that...
4x4 CC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 09:59 AM   #4
Monsterezgokid
Kid no more!!

E-Z-GO

Ok thanks for the info..

Now what about performance goodies.

it needs the clutch, so because i need to get one, and instead of geting the factory one.. what can i do to get a performance one, or just machine the factory one.

And one more quick one, can it be overboarded to fit a 350 pistion, i have access to all factory parts and overboar sizes too. Im guessing that the cylinder block will not accomidate the 350.
Old 03-06-2008, 08:29 PM   #5
4x4 CC
Frog Hunter

Club Car

I'd have it machined. Check with Tom at CCP.

As for the motor boring, Im not sure but if i had to guess i bet its possible...
4x4 CC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 04:25 AM   #6
johnusarmy
Gone Wild

hey guys if u know any one interested in a ohv, i believe fe 290 kawi engine, ill be selling mine to put in a big block kit when i get home, unfortunatly it wont be for another 4 months, runs great!!!
johnusarmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 12:12 PM   #7
Heckyeah
Not Yet Wild

I just bought a Robin Subaru 13 1/2 to put in mine. Hope it will work.
Heckyeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 08:40 PM   #8
Monsterezgokid
Kid no more!!

E-Z-GO

Hey guys.. im back... ive been having some router isssues.. ive been reciving my emails notices abot replys.. but never been able to log into the site.. it was driving me crazy!!! but i IT'd it and got'er goin agian

anyways, an update.. the cart is a 98, and i have a clutch coming in for it. Ill be looking into a power spring for it, and the info that i need to machine it.. I just picked up a fancy lathe, and almost all about ready to get at-er.. I just need to get the carts home, and wait for the snow to melt untill i start customizing
i am putting all my efforts into this one cart at the moment, the other ones i have plans for but will do them later in the spring.. and one of them will have a magic touch of a big block
Old 03-07-2008, 09:02 PM   #9
azboo
Super Moderator

Club Car

You will love the big block. I love the look on peoples faces when I take them for a ride on my cart. You'll never go back after you get the taste for it.

Boo
azboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car