lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-05-2011, 02:53 AM   #11
ripdis85
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 4 gauge Cable Set for converted Precedent

So I'm probably gonna have scotty make me a set a cables..

Regarding the cable that runs through the OBC... can I just run a #4 wire from the controller around the OBC and to the battery while leaving the #6 wire running through the OBC connected?..
ripdis85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-05-2011, 03:56 AM   #12
sonicj
Gone Wild

Club Car

i would advise not to do this. the obc measures Ah consumed through this hole. partially bypassing this sensor throws off the computer's measurements vs what is actually consumed resulting in less than optimum charge routines.
-sj
sonicj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 10:32 AM   #13
Colbyntx
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripdis85 View Post
So I'm probably gonna have scotty make me a set a cables..

Regarding the cable that runs through the OBC... can I just run a #4 wire from the controller around the OBC and to the battery while leaving the #6 wire running through the OBC connected?..
Yes, leave the #6 going through the OBC and connect it as it is and all the #4's as they should go. So, the battery terminal with the #6 to the OBC will also have a #4 on it also.
Colbyntx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 11:04 AM   #14
GLEEMO
just leave me alone

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colbyntx View Post
Yes, leave the #6 going through the OBC and connect it as it is and all the #4's as they should go. So, the battery terminal with the #6 to the OBC will also have a #4 on it also.
GLEEMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 07:10 PM   #15
itsOld2
Not Yet Wild

OK i was off a littel went and found reciet...30 ft 4 guage welding cable fine strand 1.95 a foot 58.50 17 copper lugs .65 each 11.05 2 ft shrink tube 5.00 totel 74.55.The 4 guage wire went threw the obc no problem.the 4 guage heavy strand (non welding cable} wire i had on my batteries was thicker and would not go threw obc.I did notice a difference after i installed the wires but old wires were real bad.Reason for the upgrade was i had real bad cabels and im going to install a a new speed 700 amp speed controler. hope this helps
itsOld2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 07:23 PM   #16
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsOld2 View Post
OK i was off a littel went and found reciet...30 ft 4 guage welding cable fine strand 1.95 a foot 58.50 17 copper lugs .65 each 11.05 2 ft shrink tube 5.00 totel 74.55.The 4 guage wire went threw the obc no problem.the 4 guage heavy strand (non welding cable} wire i had on my batteries was thicker and would not go threw obc.I did notice a difference after i installed the wires but old wires were real bad.Reason for the upgrade was i had real bad cabels and im going to install a a new speed 700 amp speed controler. hope this helps

You need to find the rest of your receipts. A pound of Silver solder is $25 and a tin of flux is $4..... Propane torch map gas has a tag on it too.... LOL
I hate to tell you this but any controller 500amps and up require 2g cables. A 700 amp controller definitely falls into the 2g cable set group.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 07:46 PM   #17
GLEEMO
just leave me alone

Club Car

U know I was wondering the same with the 700 amp controller,
yet PQ says nothing about this for their PQ700C 700 amp ?
GLEEMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car