lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-03-2016, 01:30 AM   #1
skipsmith521
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Accessory Battery it is

After going back and forth on Accessory Battery vs Reducer...I decided to go the route of Accessory Battery.

I am only planning on running lights off the accessory battery.

Few more questions if someone can help.

1) I have basic EZGO front and rear lights (no light bar)... What size fuse should I run for front and rear lights?

2) I am going to try to install a solar panel as some others have done to trickle charge the 12 volt accessory battery. Any suggestions on where to place it? The roof of the cart is not an option because I have a weather protector that covers the roof. I was thinking maybe to just put on top of dashboard. I would have to cut a hole on top of dashboard to run the wire down then under the cart back to the battery well. Anyone put a solar on and would share some pictures?

3) I am going to try to find LED bulbs for my lights. Is there a good source for these? I can look at Amazon, but perhaps there is a forum sponsor? I would love to have all LEDs, but have seen people saying they had polarity issues or something?

4) low voltage disconnect: I have a switch down next to your legs to turn on and off the lights. So, this leaves a possibility the lights could be left on and run down the battery. What about adding on a low voltage disconnect to turn off the power and protect the battery from going too low? Is it possible and is there something that would not cost a lot?

Would something like this work?

Thx

Skip

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
skipsmith521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-03-2016, 01:34 AM   #2
skipsmith521
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

My image link did not work and not sure if I can post this?

But here it is... Are there any forum sponsors that sells this kind of stuff? Would something like this work?

http://www.rogue-engr.com/12-Volt-30...nect_p_15.html

Old 02-03-2016, 06:51 PM   #3
chloe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Accessory Battery it is

Your solar charger won't work if you store the cart inside or cover it. A real trickle charger will cost you about $40 at Walmart. Or, you could do as I do. When I charge the pack, I also charge the accessory battery. It just takes a small, low amp charger.
I don't really see a need for a disconnect. If you are that concerned about leaving the light on, you could install a lighted switch or a small indicator lamp I the dash. Lights on, switch or indicator is lit.
chloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 09:32 PM   #4
skipsmith521
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I have a Charger for the Accessory Battery with a quick disconnect.

I was thinking of adding the solar just to help maintain it.

The low voltage disconnect is because I have teenage kids that drive the cart and they can be forgetful.

Any thoughts from anyone of led light bulbs to replace what I have? Anyone done this and have a good place to get them?

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO