lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-05-2007, 09:46 AM   #21
NO NO NO E-Z-GO!
Gone Wild

Default Re: G2 Carb Problems...help!!!

BuggyBrain, I did the same thing on a carb spacer yesterday!

I too had myself in denial that it had actually cracked. But after driving the cart and feeling and smelling how lean it was running, I jumped back into reality. I hope they're not expensive, because I'm not charging the customer for it since I am the one that caused it to break.

The thing is, I didn't even tighten it down that much.
NO NO NO E-Z-GO! is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-05-2007, 12:30 PM   #22
caddymankc
WILD

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by NO NO NO E-Z-GO! View Post
I came across a 1991 G2 last weekend at the campground that the guy topped it off. It put every bit over a quart in his air box.

I would say put a quart or just a hair over like Ron mentioned but NO more because it WILL end up where you don't want it.
also it could get mess up the rings(the main reason why i sold my cart) i overfilled it then drained it down and it still smoked like hell
caddymankc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 03:17 PM   #23
Dero
Gone Wild

Buggybrain, are you one of the jerks that use an oil filter wrench to put the filter on as hard as they can?

Dero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 05:15 PM   #24
NO NO NO E-Z-GO!
Gone Wild

My dad does that!!!! I just drive a screwdriver through them and use it to turn them.
Old 08-05-2007, 05:58 PM   #25
BuggyBrain
Not Yet Wild

Dero: I am shocked that you would think me the type that would resort to such a half-measure. If I was going to do that, I'd at least have the decency to use an air impact on the filter wrench!!!! Actually, I have come a long way in my recovery from overtightenism, though I confess I had a little relapse there. It's OK, NO NO. I understand how ya feel buddy. What kind of doofus would design a piece like that to be made out of brittle black bakelite anyway?? Mine even has phillips head screws. If you can get enough torque by hand on a phillips head to break the stupid thing, somethings wrong. There goes my denial (or should I say justification) again!!!

By the way, thanks for the oil tips.
BB
BuggyBrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 06:01 PM   #26
NO NO NO E-Z-GO!
Gone Wild

Welllllll, it is a Yamaha. IMO, they should be made of a tougher plastic or metal of some sort.

I heard a very light crack sound and thought it was just the tightening... just like you. I came out of my denial today and ordered a new one. Free replacement.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha