lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-11-2021, 12:53 PM   #1
LilRed95
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Navitas 440 paired with Plum Quick Bandit

Hello all, my apologies in advance about my lack of knowledge with setting up different components.

Recently purchased an 08(early model year) Club Car Precedent. Original plan was to drop in the Navitas 440 amp speed controller and leave the motor alone. Now I’m debating also upgrading to the Plum Quick Bandit motor as well. I’ve read where others have swapped their speed controllers to a 500 amp controller, but usually set the controller to about 440 amp. My question is more along the lines of will the Navitas 440 pair well with the Bandit motor, or would I need to go with the 600 Navitas instead. I plan on sticking with Navitas, and not going with a different brand controller, I like their functionality.

Would there really even be much of a torque or speed gain by adding the Bandit motor in addition to the controller?
LilRed95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-11-2021, 01:41 PM   #2
LilRed95
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Navitas 440 paired with Plum Quick Bandit

Quick follow up, just called Plum Quick, they essentially told me upgrading the controller wasn’t a must with the Bandit, which I knew already, but I’d have to contact Navitas to get a map for that motor. Said I should add maybe 1-2mph with the Navitas 440 controller on that motor and some additional torque. So maybe down the road I’ll send my motor to them but was told currently about a 4wk turn around time. So for now guess I’ll stick with just dropping in the controller.
LilRed95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2021, 07:34 AM   #3
mschoonmaker@msn.com
Not Yet Wild

While this tends to DELAY the PQ wait time a bit, you can request to be put on the "core exchange" list, which provides for them sending you a rebuild Bandit with a core they have on hand, THEN you send in your core (motor) for core credit. Adds another couple of weeks, but if you can't be without your cart that long, then this might be an option for you.
mschoonmaker@msn.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2021, 08:25 PM   #4
limaynard
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilRed95 View Post
Quick follow up, just called Plum Quick, they essentially told me upgrading the controller wasn’t a must with the Bandit, which I knew already, but I’d have to contact Navitas to get a map for that motor. Said I should add maybe 1-2mph with the Navitas 440 controller on that motor and some additional torque. So maybe down the road I’ll send my motor to them but was told currently about a 4wk turn around time. So for now guess I’ll stick with just dropping in the controller.
There's already a firmware download for that motor when you're ready to get one.
limaynard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2021, 08:49 PM   #5
greg-g
Gone Wild

Forget all that
Go navitas AC there are discounts out there
greg-g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2021, 06:50 AM   #6
Nutshell
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg-g View Post
Forget all that
This. Hands down.
Nutshell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2021, 06:57 PM   #7
Coolgomez
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg-g View Post
Forget all that
How much does the navitas ac go for with discount
Coolgomez is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car