lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-14-2021, 09:50 PM   #1
wj11466
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 2009 Club Car Precedent Speed and Power Issue

I recently bought a 2009 Club Car Precedent IQ 48V knowing that it had some issues that needed to be fixed. The issue I am now stuck on is speed and torque.

The top speed of the cart is currently about 4 mph and it will slow to a crawl going uphill. My first thought was batteries, which were replaced in July 2018, so I cleaned the corrosion off the terminals, filled with water and charged them for a good 24 hrs. They are showing 51V with my multimeter when fully charged and when I load tested them driving up and down the road they never got below 49V. So my batteries should be good.

Next I went to the speed sensor and just replaced it since that was a cheap and easy thing to do. Speed sensor not only did not make any difference but I actually took the speed sensor completely off and the cart runs exactly the same with the speed sensor completely unplugged from the harness.???

I had some hesitation issues so I replaced the MCOR and that solved that; I also replaced the solenoid because I was not getting the clicking sound when pushing the throttle, so that solved that problem.

My next thought was to go to the speed controller so I found the 2009-2011 Service Manual and followed the testing of the 16 pin connector going into the speed controller. From all of the readings I was getting it showed to replace the speed controller. So I did, and still there was no change in speed.

The last test I did was the A1 & A2 Motor Voltage test by lifting the rear of the golf cart and slowly pressing the accelerator until fully pressed and I was supposed to get 48V. The reading I was getting was 17.1V which says that I have a motor failure. I replaced the motor yesterday (with a new D&D Motor) and it still has not changed the speed or power issue I have been experiencing from day one.

I need some help, anyone have any ideas? I hate to just give up because I have never run into something I could not fix, but this is my first experience working on a golf cart and this is getting ridiculous.

Thanks,
Joe
wj11466 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-15-2021, 06:38 AM   #2
scat pack cart
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2009 Club Car Precedent Speed and Power Issue

You can wait for replies or just call Dave at Revolution golf. Sponsor on this site. He should be able to get you set up, or let you know what needs to be done. Good Luck
scat pack cart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 07:40 AM   #3
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 2009 Club Car Precedent Speed and Power Issue

^^^^^^^^

x2
simicrintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car