lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-18-2007, 05:42 PM   #11
NO NO NO E-Z-GO!
Gone Wild

Even if you did, I'm sure the Yamaha guys around here would be happy to help you out!

Be sure to post pics!
NO NO NO E-Z-GO! is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-18-2007, 05:48 PM   #12
cartin AK
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

on the other forum chompy said the only thing he did not like was the tank in the way of the clutch. I will have to deal with it when i put on the jakes power kit. maybe when it is lifted it won't be as much of an issue..fingers are crossed.
cartin AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 05:49 PM   #13
cartin AK
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

As far as pics go I had trouble figuring out how to add my location in my profile! Not very computer competent!!
Old 05-18-2007, 05:56 PM   #14
NO NO NO E-Z-GO!
Gone Wild

Register with a site like Photobucket. Then select the "Choose File" button after you have registered. Find the file on your system and upload it. Then click the 3rd box below the picture (it will have [IMG][/IMG] around it) and paste that here.

Old 05-18-2007, 06:07 PM   #15
cartin AK
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks, we are heading out in a few for the weekend to go run the ez-go and do some cleaning with our atv club. I will take pics and try to post them when we get back. Later
Old 05-20-2007, 09:42 AM   #16
NO NO NO E-Z-GO!
Gone Wild

Alrighty cartin AK, I took a look at it and it looked like a fine cart to me. The guy had put G14-G22 bodies on it, but the powertrain was definitely a G8s. He messed with the carburetor on it, and I messed with it for over an hour and couldn't get it back right. I told him that he needed to turn the governor back down to stock speed and then I would look at it again. I cleaned all the jets and that good stuff, but it is running way too lean. Is there a secret trick to these or what? Next week I plan to tear the whole thing down and give it the "deluxe job."

I also noticed that the frame had SEVERE rust problems, but in all Yamaha manuals, it specically tells you to apply a rust inhibitor at least once a year.

If it's in the shape you say it is, I don't think you're going wrong.
Old 05-20-2007, 11:38 AM   #17
cartin AK
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I came back early to get it. The body on it looks almost like the 14 to me. The one thing I do not care for on the 9 is the pillar behind the seat, looks like an after thought. So does it cruise with the govenor cranked up? Hope to have it this afternoon and start messing with it.
Old 05-20-2007, 11:39 AM   #18
cartin AK
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Forgot the camera but the cart was in the background on the local news.
Old 05-20-2007, 12:04 PM   #19
NO NO NO E-Z-GO!
Gone Wild

IMHO, it wasn't that much faster. The engine sounded like it was really revving too, just the cart wasn't going. Even if it did, they needed to work on the steering, because I wouldn't have a cart that handled like that to be going over 20mph on. It wasn't really fit for 15.
Old 05-23-2007, 01:53 AM   #20
cartin AK
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

So now that it is in the garage I need to remove the govenor. I have read that some bypass and run the throttle cable direct to the carb and others say to loosen the linkage on the output shaft on the rearend. Is one better than the other? Do you just remove the exhaust to get to it or remove the whole rear body? compared to the e-z-go it is very tight in the engine compartment.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha