lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-23-2024, 06:56 AM   #41
Pat911
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: I Install Lithium Batteries- Hereís My Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evans224 View Post
Iíve done about 15 installs with these batteries, not a problem with one so far. There are other choices out there, so use your own best judgement.
They could configure them to discharge at 5C if they like, and the cells will do it, it all comes down to what service life you want out of the battery. The harder you push them, the shorter the service life. The cells can only be expected to meet their service life when the discharge current is kept within the cell manufacturers limits.

The problems will not be apparent now, but a few years down the track.
Pat911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-24-2024, 07:42 AM   #42
InvalidUsername
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by InvalidUsername View Post
You could have done a thousand installs and it wouldn't tell you anything about whether they are being forthcoming and honest or not. If they truly are using 2C cells they would say so, but I can't find that stated anywhere, and when I asked them directly they ignored me. IMO them saying that their batteries discharge at 2C without saying their cells are 2C is a dishonest way of getting people to think they are made with 2C cells. If this is not the case then let them state openly that they are made with 2C cells and provide documentation to prove it. Bet they won't...
LiTime responded back to me and said they do use 2C cells, so I lose my bet that they wouldn't say so openly.
InvalidUsername is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2024, 02:54 PM   #43
Schwing
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masemasemase View Post
That sounds awful. What is the Bluetooth for then? Do the batteries connect through WIFI to the internet portal? That is so confusing.
The battery does not connect to the Internet. You open the app on your phone, which logs you into the app (I use my Gmail account), and then the app connects to the battery via Bluetooth. If you are out of BT range you can't see the battery stats. Using the app stops people from being able to just connect to your battery when in range and messing with the settings. It's just an extra level of security. If you don't trust it, don't connect to it, if you have a good shunt meter you don't need to connect to the battery for monitoring.

I have a LiTime 30Ah drop in and am using the BT to monitor it until I get my shunt meter installed.

And also, they use 2C cells with a 100A BMS. No problems so far on a 48v series cart.
Schwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2024, 06:22 PM   #44
Pat911
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwing View Post
The battery does not connect to the Internet. You open the app on your phone, which logs you into the app (I use my Gmail account), and then the app connects to the battery via Bluetooth. If you are out of BT range you can't see the battery stats. Using the app stops people from being able to just connect to your battery when in range and messing with the settings. It's just an extra level of security. If you don't trust it, don't connect to it, if you have a good shunt meter you don't need to connect to the battery for monitoring.

I have a LiTime 30Ah drop in and am using the BT to monitor it until I get my shunt meter installed.

And also, they use 2C cells with a 100A BMS. No problems so far on a 48v series cart.
What happens if youíre out of cellular range and cannot log in to the app? Can you still access the battery? Other BMSís use a PIN to limit unauthorised access. I still see it as information harvesting.
Pat911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2024, 06:28 PM   #45
InvalidUsername
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwing View Post
This is what LiTime told me:

"Yes, if you want to monitor the battery status in real-time via Bluetooth, you'll need to log on to the Internet."

You're obviously authenticating through the internet whether you know it or not
Old 06-24-2024, 07:18 PM   #46
InvalidUsername
Gone Wild

Try turning on airplane mode after you login to see if you can still access your batteries
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car