lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-22-2024, 09:07 AM   #11
mtollin
Gone Wild

Default Re: Will new tires improve the ride quality ICON I40

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUTHVIEW View Post
Drop the pressure more. Try 18psi. They can be aired down to 10- 12psi with no problems.
While true, it leaves you with flat spots every morning. Also poor wear on tires. These carts should have better suspension or at least an upgrade option. When I switch to Lithium I may have to add sand bags, which will cut into range. Stupid.
mtollin is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-22-2024, 09:15 AM   #12
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtollin View Post
While true, it leaves you with flat spots every morning. Also poor wear on tires. These carts should have better suspension or at least an upgrade option. When I switch to Lithium I may have to add sand bags, which will cut into range. Stupid.
I have 2 TXT converted to lithium. Both carts got 20" ATV tires on stock 8" rims to improve the ride
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ..001.jpg (126.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2465-1.jpg (147.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2466.JPG (135.1 KB, 0 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2024, 10:15 AM   #13
mtollin
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
I have 2 TXT converted to lithium. Both carts got 20" ATV tires on stock 8" rims to improve the ride
Please correct me if I am wrong, but those aren't Icon/Advanced EV so suspension is much better. Also the non-lifted Icons/Advanced EVs are difficult to put larger on tires without modifications as they tend to rub (I tried, only one I found was discontinued). Club Car, Ezgo, Yamaha are much easier to match tires, hence I put the Loadstars on.

I like the cart and factory options, just terrible ride.
Old 06-22-2024, 02:57 PM   #14
SOUTHVIEW
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

205/50/10 is the max that fit without rubbing. Lower pressure as said before. I had no problem with flat spots at 14psi and didn’t wear uneven. Wanda’s are a very rigid tire. They suck unless your cart rides on smooth pavement all day. Even then at 23 psi my friends cart wore quicker and rode like crap. I Dropped pressure and he got better ride and wear. He had his set on a club car precedent.
SOUTHVIEW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2024, 07:54 PM   #15
mtollin
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUTHVIEW View Post
205/50/10 is the max that fit without rubbing. Lower pressure as said before. I had no problem with flat spots at 14psi and didn’t wear uneven. Wanda’s are a very rigid tire. They suck unless your cart rides on smooth pavement all day. Even then at 23 psi my friends cart wore quicker and rode like crap. I Dropped pressure and he got better ride and wear. He had his set on a club car precedent.
I'm running 55's with no rubbing. Lower pressure helps but still not as good as same tire on the Club Car. I know, have same tire on both my carts. Only thing left to do is get softer seat foam as Club Cars are very soft. I have an after market seat on my Advanced EV, still not as soft. Foam is under the seat pan too. When I go lithium, unless I trade the cart first, I'll have to rebuild seat.
Old 06-22-2024, 10:27 PM   #16
SOUTHVIEW
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I am about to put gel seat cushions under my seat covers. Ordered and waiting to see if it works. 👍
SOUTHVIEW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2024, 07:50 AM   #17
wilburns2
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by derelicte View Post
Probably not unless the sidewall increases. What tires are on there now?

The biggest problem are the shocks and springs, at least on the lifted carts.
Has anybody found an upgraded shock/strut for these yet??
wilburns2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2024, 08:18 AM   #18
derelicte
Gone Wild

I have looked a little. The rear shocks should be relatively easy to find replacements for but I'm not sure about the struts.
derelicte is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon