lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-17-2024, 09:31 PM   #21
TheCartBoy
WARRANTY VOID

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 36v Ezgo to Li Time 60a battery

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMcCabe View Post
I just bought this Li Time battery. Put it in my 2001 EZGO TXT 36v PDS Cart. It will turn on, and go in reverse to get out of shed. As soon as I press accelerator, assuming BMS kicks in and cart (battery) completely shuts off. No lights, no beeping, no reverse. Is this a faulty BMS in a new battery or is this battery not compatible with this cart/motor?
Might be undersized for the application, or needs to be charged.

What happens if you press the throttle very very gently, and not the whole way down?
TheCartBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-18-2024, 07:59 AM   #22
MMcCabe
Not Yet Wild

Its fully charged. I can gently press the pedal and it goes but as soon as press pedal down it kicks off.
MMcCabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2024, 09:07 AM   #23
TheCartBoy
WARRANTY VOID

E-Z-GO

What are the claimed discharge current limits for this battery?

Did it ever work properly in this cart?

Returns window still open?
TheCartBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2024, 09:19 AM   #24
coosa
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMcCabe View Post
I just bought this Li Time battery. Put it in my 2001 EZGO TXT 36v PDS Cart. It will turn on, and go in reverse to get out of shed. As soon as I press accelerator, assuming BMS kicks in and cart (battery) completely shuts off. No lights, no beeping, no reverse. Is this a faulty BMS in a new battery or is this battery not compatible with this cart/motor?

It sounds faulty to me. Mine is on a lifted off road cart with 22" tires and has performed just as well as the lead acid pack it replaced. I would contact LiTime and ask for another battery.
coosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2024, 09:24 AM   #25
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

I would swap F1 & F2 then try it in reverse to eliminate the controller..
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2024, 12:08 PM   #26
InvalidUsername
Gone Wild

Starting to get not good vibes about LiTime. I contacted them and asked if the cells in their 48V 30AH battery are rated at 2C. They responded back saying their batteries can discharge at 2C. I responded back saying I knew that and clarified that I was asking if the cells are 2C cells or are they 1C cells that they program the BMS to allow to discharge at 2C. They haven't responded back.
InvalidUsername is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2024, 07:41 AM   #27
coosa
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by InvalidUsername View Post
Starting to get not good vibes about LiTime. I contacted them and asked if the cells in their 48V 30AH battery are rated at 2C. They responded back saying their batteries can discharge at 2C. I responded back saying I knew that and clarified that I was asking if the cells are 2C cells or are they 1C cells that they program the BMS to allow to discharge at 2C. They haven't responded back.
Have they still not responded? I'm very interested in seeing how they handle a warranty issue. Did you buy it through Amazon? I wouldn't let the 30 day return period expire if they haven't
satisfied you.

So you said your cart is a 36 volt, but you asked them about a 48 volt 30 amp battery. Did you put a 48 volt battery in the 36 volt cart? If so, it could be that your solenoid isn't rated for 48. Has this cart been used on 48 volts before?
coosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2024, 07:37 AM   #28
Hard Barner
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedoggy View Post
If its a stock not lifted cart with stock size wheels and you arent planning on carrying 4 passengers up steep hills you will be fine. otherwise id look for more continuous amps.
I built a 74ah 36v lithium pack for my inlaws ezgo txt and they love it around the campground. they can drive it for weeks there without charging. that is setup for 150amps continuous though.

are you handy enough to build your own?
2 of these and a $100 150a jk bms and you could build a 36v 64ah pack for less than $400 in about an hour.... I built a 48v version with these pack for my riding mower https://jag35.com/collections/new-ar...-samsung-cells

The wires are already there to tap into for connecting the bms and the individual packs are already welded together.. You could even build a 120ah pack for under $700 like I did using these to make a 120ah 72v pack in my cart now.If it were me Id make an 11s pack out of one 5s and one 6s pack which would be 40.7v nominal but toy could do a 10s pack too for 37v nominal and 42v at full charge. The appropriate charger would be about another $100.
Sorry if I'm derailing the thread, but I've been everywhere for something like what you posted. Could I build a 48-50v (maybe a 72v) pack with 105 ah with those things you posted? I don't understand what the "S" designation is on the link you gave.

I've currently got a stock 36v ezgo pds cart that just doesn't do well in my hilly neighborhood so I'm looking for a cost effective solution to go lithium. I've already got my mind on the 600amp navitas controller when I bite the bullet.
Hard Barner is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO