lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2009, 08:07 AM   #1
jrboatin
Not Yet Wild

Default Have to warn people on Precedents wanting driven clutch work done..

I have to tell my story
I have a 07 Club Car Precedent cart. Only a year old and not a lick of issues with it. Lifted, big tires and gov adjusted. I had read a couple posts on this forum about getting clutch work done on the driven to get better out of hole or climb better hills.
So I called Tom being his name is on this forum regarding the clutch issue fixes. I called him and I told him what I was looking for more low and I did not care to go any faster. He said he had the set-up. I did ask him per his web page that the spring kid he would be using states not for my Precedents (had a cutoff date) and mine was after it. He said don’t worry, I would love the change and it will work.
So with that said I shipped it out and waited like a little kid a Christmas.

I get back from vacation and part if here, I install right away even before unpacking, I was excited to notice the difference.

The first thing I notice is the clutch not closing all the way even before I put it on, I say this cause I can see the peeks/risers by the spring not even touching. But I let it go cause what do I know. Still to this date they do not touch.

Clutch in, then belt. Belt not sitting any different from original set up. Oh by the way I order new belts from him also, even though the old one is only a year old.

READY FOR THE RIDE!! So was I, but I have to tell you I DID NOT notice any take off or climbing difference. I have a little hill in my front yard cause of a ditch, my kids ride their bikes up and down it, and so it’s not that big. No difference there, pulling my little 5x8 trailer, nothing. Even coming to stop sign my cart would turn off when costing to stop sign, not know it idles never turns off.

So I call Tom and to my surprise he states there is something wrong with my cart could not be anything wrong with clutch. I told him NO there was not.
I question the clutch, I also asked about the belt, belt numbers were different from the one my cart. He still stated something is wrong with my cart. I asked him is this how he deals with issues by blaming something else? I even reminded him when I asked the year cut off on spring kit, and he said does not matter still should work on my cart.
He stopped and then asked me for the numbers on the belt they sent me, saying sometimes we ship the wrong ones. He stated the number on the belt is correct for your cart. But when Monday came he would ship a new out because he stated sometimes the factory mess up also.

So I put my old belt back on, no difference, even went to a CC dealer got me an original belt, no change.

Tom’s replacement belt comes in, I double check numbers on it; he shipped me something different then the first time. What’s up I say?

Bottom line, worst 100.00 dollars I spent year to date on this cart. I should have listened to his web site when it stated the spring kit would not work on my year precedent, even though he (Tom) stated it would.

That’s my story and I am sticking to it….

I just wanted to let everyone know, expeally if you have a precedent with a year outside the kits use do NOT use it…..
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-28-2009, 08:42 AM   #2
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

Default Re: Have to warn people on Precedents wanting driven clutch work done..

I've always heard nothing but great things about CPP and that their customer service is excellent. Contact them again. I feel confident they will do everything they can to resolve the issue if it is a problem with a part you ordered.

Old 04-28-2009, 08:46 AM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I Agree with Spriddle. I also had Tom do clutch work for my Workhorse. And I couldn't be happier with the service or more pleased with the results..... I have never heard a bad thing about them at CPP Please give them every opportunity to help you correct your problem and post the results here
Old 04-28-2009, 08:59 AM   #4
jrboatin
Not Yet Wild

That maybe the case on your kind of cart.
Mine is a Club Car Precendent and his site states it does not work for my cart. But he assured me it would.
I have contacted him, and he would blame my cart not his machine work or spring that may or may not should have been installed on my cart..
Old 04-28-2009, 09:05 AM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I'm waiting to hear the other side of this story before we start posting anything negative about any BGW Sponsor. I'm sure we won't have to wait too long...
Old 04-28-2009, 09:18 AM   #6
jrboatin
Not Yet Wild

I am sure you will, just got off the phone and he offered no extra help, he blames my cart. Could not help me any extra but blame the cart. He even laughed at the fact.
I asked him why could you not thick outside the box and ask me to ship part back to you so you can review it, he said oh sure you can, I will do that.
But I told him NO cause he was laughing at my concern and not coming up with any ideas.

He did not offer any bit of help to why my cart has no extra low end like they promise. Thats the ony things you are to get doing this and I got NOTHING in return.

I am sure he has done great work else where, but this 1 job did not come out right and they can not even help, just blame my new cart.

Oh well., Leason learned for me....
Old 04-28-2009, 09:36 AM   #7
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

I understand you are frustrated but if he offered for you to return the part, it sounds like he is trying to take care of the situation. Simply return it and problem solved.

Old 04-28-2009, 01:25 PM   #8
jrboatin
Not Yet Wild

He did not offer that, he just laughed at my concern, I told him the least he could do is something like let me ship it back so he can look at it to make sure the work was done properly.
Oh by the way ......... Its a driven clutch so I CAN'T return it. IT MINE.

Wow, you need to read the post fully before commenting on them.
Old 04-28-2009, 02:25 PM   #9
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

IMO...
I don't think there's anything wrong with your cart... OR... the clutch!

I just guessing that you may not have enough experience (from before or after) to tell the difference in the torque!

I don't mean that as an insult... honestly!
but, you can't expect to be "set back in your seat" from a single cylinder engine! PERIOD!

my .02
Old 04-28-2009, 02:44 PM   #10
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockman1 View Post
IMO...
I don't think there's anything wrong with your cart... OR... the clutch!

I just guessing that you may not have enough experience (from before or after) to tell the difference in the torque!

I don't mean that as an insult... honestly!
but, you can't expect to be "set back in your seat" from a single cylinder engine! PERIOD!

my .02
I agree.

Closed Thread

Tags
i have to tell my story, like him or not
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car