lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-09-2009, 05:41 PM   #1
paidfor
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default New Club Cart owener...some questions

Ok, this is my first cart. I got it for $600.

The motor runs but it only trys to move front and backwards, but does not move but a couple of inches. I suspect it is the drive belt or the clutch.

It has no ID plate in the glove box area. On the motor it has Kawaski, code FE2900-ES05, E/NO FE290D239946. I have a few questions for now and more later.

I wanted to know if my diagnosis for not moving is accurate? Or has anyone got any other suggestions.
Also, can anyone guess what year it is from the engine id. info. above?
I would like to get a manual for it.

The Cart has been lifted and I just removed the top. I would like to get it running good for some driving around my property and for deer season when it comes up in Nov. The seats are in very good shape and all of the parts under the seat (motor) area look original. I hope I did not mess up getting this thing. I have worked on auto's and bikes all my life, but this is my first cart.

Thanks in advance.
paidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-09-2009, 05:49 PM   #2
dirtysouth
Gone Wild

Club Car

Smile Re: New Club Cart owener...some questions

Does the engine rev up and cart won't move??? You did good on the deal for a lifted Club Car...
dirtysouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 05:50 PM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: New Club Cart owener...some questions

THe id tag is under the glove box where the floor meets the under side of the passenger glovebox
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 06:08 PM   #4
paidfor
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I will try to answer both questions...and thanks for the quick response. I am excited to get the cart.
I will have to check under the glove box. had not thought of doing that, just read a few post on here and assumed you could see it on the top side. It is out at my Mom's property so it will be a week or so till I do that.

Engine does not rev. when it is in gear. It just runs at the same speed and trys to creep along.
Old 05-09-2009, 06:10 PM   #5
dirtysouth
Gone Wild

Club Car

Smile Re: New Club Cart owener...some questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by paidfor View Post
I will try to answer both questions...and thanks for the quick response. I am excited to get the cart.
I will have to check under the glove box. had not thought of doing that, just read a few post on here and assumed you could see it on the top side. It is out at my Mom's property so it will be a week or so till I do that.

Engine does not rev. when it is in gear. It just runs at the same speed and trys to creep along.
Check the throttle linkages. The engine has to rev in order for the clutch to engage and move the cart.
dirtysouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 06:37 PM   #6
paidfor
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Well that isn't happening. It runs like it is idling. The owner had that linkage off when I got there to buy it. It would be great if that is all it is!

Like I said, it is my first golf cart. Thanks agian. Once I check that out, I will repost with what I found.

I would like to tune it up and change the oil when I go back out there again. Do these things have points and condensers? I think I can figure out how to change the oil and filter. Any suggestions on the type of oil? Once I figure out what model it is, I will change the air filter. I guess I will go ahead and buy new fuel filters. Looks like there are two of them. Should I check anything else?

Thanks again.
Old 05-09-2009, 07:24 PM   #7
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

It wouldn't start, or idle if the linkage "rod" is off!
I'm guessing that the throttle cable is either disconnected, or broken, for it to start, and "just" idle!
The "stickies" have all of the tune up info you'll need!

oh...and, Welcome to BGW!

lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 08:02 PM   #8
paidfor
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I've been reading through the post and noticed the throttle cable has a spring on it for the FE290. I don't recall seeing one on mine. I will have to check that out. Thanks to all of you who have responded. I like this site...a lot of information on here.
Old 05-11-2009, 10:34 PM   #9
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Welcome paidfor, under the seat on the drivers side there is a black plastic box with a screw in the top of the lid.
Remove the screw and lid and check the linkage for movement.
Follow the cable/linkage from the box to the transaxle then to the carb.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 12:28 PM   #10
paidfor
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

hey, thanks Crash,

I will do that this weekend. I need to get this thing on the road. Like having a new toy and not getting to play with it. I did have my dad check under the glove box and I have verified it is a real late 96, built in the 51st week.

This weekend I will check on the cables to throttle. If that is all it is, I will be lucky.
I will report back what I find.
Thanks again.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car