lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-30-2008, 11:44 AM   #1
Killroy
Not Yet Wild

Default Help with multiple problems.

Im having a bit of a problem getting my cart to move.

Here is my cart info first of all:

Model- TXT PDS
Date Code- J1903

Controller Info- Curtis PMC 73326G05

Now to my problem; I have a stobe light installed (by someone else) and I had got out of my cart and noticed that it stayed on. I hit the gas pedal again and it wouldn't go off. I also turned the key off and it still stayed on. I didn't have a choice but to let it sit for about an hour or so with it blinking. I came back to it and the batteries were almost dead. It had just been taken off charge when I got in to drive it. Someone else drove it back and put it on charge thinking that the batteries were dead. I came back to it later and it would barely move. I put it back on charge and tried it again the next day and now it will not move at all. I checked the batteries (new Trojans) and the terminals are tight and greased properly. They all have over 6 volts and the water level is full.

When you hit the gas pedal the solenoid does not click and absolutley nothing happens.

I have disconnected all the plugs going into the controller and reconnected them and nothing changes.

Did my solenoid fail and then cause my controller to fail?

Thanks in advance for the help!

***UPDATE***
I went and jumpered out the two large posts on the solenoid and the wheels turned. It was slow but it wasn't a very good connection. Does this mean the solenoid is bad or the controller?

If it is my controller; what do you recommend to upgrade to? I use it for work and drive it in snow, rain and light mud. It is stock for the most part, but I want to chip it later on.

Last edited by Killroy; 05-30-2008 at 02:41 PM.. Reason: Update
Killroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-30-2008, 07:40 PM   #2
rusty
Golf Cart Photographer

Club Car

Default Re: Help with multiple problems.

Welcome Killroy......................

Someone will be with you shortly........................
rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 01:19 AM   #3
1986g3a
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

if you jumped the solenoid and the cart moved than your solenoid is bad. Once you put the solenoid in than you can start worrying about other problems. The simplest thing to do is check all the connections on the Solenoid, Controller, Batteries, and Motor for loose connections. Also just because a battery is reading 6V does not mean it is a good battery. You should purchase a load tester. It is a better way to check your batteries strength. Hope this helped.
1986g3a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 11:17 AM   #4
rusty
Golf Cart Photographer

Club Car

Welcome 1986g3a....................
rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 09:58 PM   #5
Killroy
Not Yet Wild

Smile Re: Help with multiple problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killroy View Post
Im having a bit of a problem getting my cart to move.

Here is my cart info first of all:

Model- TXT PDS
Date Code- J1903

Controller Info- Curtis PMC 73326G05

Now to my problem; I have a stobe light installed (by someone else) and I had got out of my cart and noticed that it stayed on. I hit the gas pedal again and it wouldn't go off. I also turned the key off and it still stayed on. I didn't have a choice but to let it sit for about an hour or so with it blinking. I came back to it and the batteries were almost dead. It had just been taken off charge when I got in to drive it. Someone else drove it back and put it on charge thinking that the batteries were dead. I came back to it later and it would barely move. I put it back on charge and tried it again the next day and now it will not move at all. I checked the batteries (new Trojans) and the terminals are tight and greased properly. They all have over 6 volts and the water level is full.

When you hit the gas pedal the solenoid does not click and absolutley nothing happens.

I have disconnected all the plugs going into the controller and reconnected them and nothing changes.

Did my solenoid fail and then cause my controller to fail?

Thanks in advance for the help!

***UPDATE***
I went and jumpered out the two large posts on the solenoid and the wheels turned. It was slow but it wasn't a very good connection. Does this mean the solenoid is bad or the controller?

If it is my controller; what do you recommend to upgrade to? I use it for work and drive it in snow, rain and light mud. It is stock for the most part, but I want to chip it later on.
Just for the record I received all my parts from Carts Zone and my cart is now running!!!

I put an Alltrax 400 and it runs like a champ!!!
Killroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO