lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-13-2012, 06:59 AM   #1
j-haynie
Not Yet Wild

Default 23 HP vanguard motor

Does anyone have any experience with the 23 HP vanguard motor from Cart parts plus? I'm thinking about buying one for my carrryall. Why do you need a lift kit for it? Just looking for pro's con's. Anything good, bad or indifferent.
Thanks
j-haynie is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-13-2012, 10:03 AM   #2
on_the_fly
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 23 HP vanguard motor

hey J you would most likely get better responce in the big block fourm area, but i myself have not delt with it YET but lift is needed for clearance. motor will hit bottom of seat and under side of the body if not lifted. i,ve also looked at that engine swap they sell, looks like a sweet package and a easy to do set up. post up some step by step pics if you deside to pull the trigger on it !!!!
on_the_fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 01:07 PM   #3
Flintrock
Raised by coyotes

Yamaha

I don't think we have ever had a negative review on CPP or their products, including the Big Block kits. In fact, everyone had pretty much raved about them, and there are quite a few who have purchased them here. As far as your carryall is concerned you might have the room without lifting it at all. I'd call Tom at CPP and ask him about that, and anything else you have concerns about. He'll shoot you straight.
Flintrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 04:27 PM   #4
j-haynie
Not Yet Wild

Well... I bit the bullet and ordered it. I'll keep posted on how well it goes. Wallet still hurts.
j-haynie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 07:14 PM   #5
Flintrock
Raised by coyotes

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by j-haynie View Post
Well... I bit the bullet and ordered it. I'll keep posted on how well it goes. Wallet still hurts.
You did the right thing....we took a vote on it awhile back. Yes, the bite on the billfold is painful at first, but in the big scheme of things you come out ahead. No trial and error, no trying to fabricate parts, trace electrical issues, etc etc. If you get on the project, you will be done in days if not hours, and showing off the new power plant= priceless.
Flintrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 08:09 AM   #6
sofar-sogood
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Congrats on the purchase. Im considering the same mod for my Carryall 2. Pls keep us posted on you progress.
sofar-sogood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 08:41 AM   #7
Chuckie
Getting Wild

Me too. I have a 2001 Carryall 2 that had a blown engine and pulled out a 290 from a cart and put it in but really want to fix up the other cart to, so want to reengine the carryall and reinstall the 290 in the ds. My wife may be right? I think I have something wrong with me to have so many toys
Chuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 07:18 PM   #8
crossram
Not Yet Wild

I did that kit with the lift kit and Jacobs front end, now its darts all over the place with the new front end after about 30 mph, anyone know of a good swing arm suspension for the Club car. The Vangard is fast, you need to gear it way up because you runing in reverse. And the clutch is very jerky on take off.
crossram is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car