lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-24-2013, 02:41 PM   #1
lost hollow 88
Not Yet Wild

Default choked 88 ezgo

have 88 ezgo that has to be choked alot to get it going and choked while driving to keep running. Someone told me to replace the crank seals. Thats done but still need to choke it several times while driving it. Anyone got any ideas what to check now.
lost hollow 88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-24-2013, 04:40 PM   #2
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: choked 88 ezgo

Choking is a fuel problem or an air leak,You can use an unlit propane torch to check for air leaks.
then check the fuel flow, did you clean the carb when you rebuilt the engine?
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 05:51 PM   #3
lost hollow 88
Not Yet Wild

Thank you, did not clean carb. Just replaced crank seals cause that was the issue I was told. I'll try cleaning the carb next. How does a propane torch help me check for air leaks.
lost hollow 88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:13 PM   #4
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Just a thought, but if You're cleaning the carb You may want to make sure and be thorough while doing it. I have circled the "ususal suspects" when it comes to Jets that often (in my case with consistant, dusty, wooded trail riding, monthly) need cleaning ... I do it just for fun about once a month, WHEN and if they don't plug up on their own (it's a subtle difference in throttle response with a tuned and set up motor, in a stock engine not so evident but still often the culprit in the scenario You have described) ...

The BV21 is definitely succeptible to air leaks, perhaps not as much as the "standard" 2PG's (87-down) from my experience ... Generally the Jet cleaning will fix things, if not then there are of course other options. Seals, generally a bad place to start if it runs at all, they generally (IMHO) either work or go, not anything in-between
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 11:36 AM   #5
mclaughlinle
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by lost hollow 88 View Post
Thank you, did not clean carb. Just replaced crank seals cause that was the issue I was told. I'll try cleaning the carb next. How does a propane torch help me check for air leaks.
...I was wondering the same....
mclaughlinle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 01:51 PM   #6
racin161
Gone Wild

A hose on the propane tank when opened a bit and moved in the area of the seals or intake gasket area will make the engine rev up like feeding it fuel if there's a leak in any area.
racin161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO