lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-12-2016, 09:30 AM   #1
csracing
Not Yet Wild

Default G19E brake sensitivity

Hi,

The brakes on my 2000 G19E are really sensitive. The pedal moved almost to the floor when I bought the cart so I have adjusted the brakes a little but when you step on the brakes, it's really hard to make a smooth stop. The brakes seem to grab and want to lock up.

Is there any kind of adjustment at the rear end or are there other adjustment steps that I need to go through? Do I need to replace the brake shoes?

Thanks
CSR
csracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-12-2016, 06:58 PM   #2
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

Default Re: G19E brake sensitivity

If you tightened up the brakes at the cable, then you need to go back and adjust the brakes correctly. Check through these pages for proper adjustment
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 06:49 AM   #3
Vinny73
Gone Wild

Club Car

The way I was taught by Don Plowman was to take all the adjustment out of the cable, then do all of your adjustment on the drum brake itself. Then take the slack out of the cable and you should be good to go!
Vinny73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 10:16 AM   #4
csracing
Not Yet Wild

I'll take a look at the drums when I get it out of the trailer next. Thanks for the input.
csracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha