lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-18-2016, 09:48 AM   #1
Gmoney1970
Not Yet Wild

Default 2002 TXT 36V controler upgrade - done

So my Cart was having some issues and in an attempt to figure out what was wrong with it I stumbled across this site/forum. First a thanks to all of you that post and help out with experienced tips on upgrades, recommended do's-don't, troubleshooting, preferred vendors, and overall support. So in surfing through several threads I had determined that I had either an issue with my pedal box or it was the controller. So trying to stay on the cheap for a quick fix bought all of the parts for the pedal box ($50 new) and swapped them out. Thinking that all was well I jumped in and backed out of the garage and headed down the street stopped and she acted up again and did not move. Well luck had it I was thinking and headed up the hill so short push and coasted back to the driveway. Jumped on the computer and ordered a new XCT400PDS with upgraded solenoid and fan kit from Carts Unlimited. Scotty B was supper helpful through emails and was on point in getting back to me. few days after I ordered I received my new controller and did the install. Not going to lie, I was a little nervous before hooking up my last lead to the batteries. but no sparks, no smoke, and when I turned on the key and hit the pedal it moved. I put it in reverse and hit the pedal and it started to move and I saw out of the corner of my eye a small spark. Well I got nervous and shut everything off and did a once over. I just did all new batteries and on one of the post under the rear cowl I see the wire on the terminal but the nut is missing. Could this have been my issue all the time, maybe but I threw on a new nut and doubled checked the rest and took her out for a spin. Super impressed, the cart has come to life and while I don't see a huge speed improvement yet it is night and day going up hills. If your looking for a controller don't forget to check out Carts Unlimited. And before you go buying all new replacement parts when your cart has some intermittent cut out issues make sure you check all your battery connections.
Now its time to look into some speed upgrades,
Gmoney1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-18-2016, 04:28 PM   #2
timmyjane
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2002 TXT 36V controler upgrade - done

Congratulations. Its a good feeling to have a broken cart running again.
timmyjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO