lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-14-2016, 07:39 PM   #1
jjordan615
Not Yet Wild

Default EzGo 2016 S4 High Output - Basic questions

I'm new to the golf cart world, but have immersed myself in research over the past week. Finally pulled the trigger on buying one yesterday - so excuse my questions if they sound elementary.
Two questions :
1. Is this cart one that I could get the speed modified on and would love your opinion. Would not want to void the warranty but would like it to go a little faster.

2. Any recommendations on accessories or any bells and whistles that are beneficial. It's basically the standard model, but I am thinking I should add glove boxes and or a stereo.

Thanks in advance!
jjordan615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-15-2016, 10:42 AM   #2
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: EzGo 2016 S4 High Output - Basic questions

Welcome to the addiction

What speed are you getting now?
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 07:23 PM   #3
jjordan615
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
Welcome to the addiction

What speed are you getting now?
I need to check on my GPS, but it feels like 15-16mph and will slow down a couple MPH on hllls. That's with my family in tow (wife plus 3 small kids). I took pride in my selection and live in a neighborhood where golf carts are common. I was embarrassed when a late model Yamaha had no problems catching up to me - wife asked why theirs was faster. A little hit to my pride and ego!

Hence the reason I'm asking about adjusting the speed. Can an EzGo dealer adjust the speed on it or adjust the gear ratios?
Old 05-16-2016, 09:32 AM   #4
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

It probably is set to 14.5 mph as its limit. It can be put in freedom mode which will get it up to 19.5.. Rated on 18 inch tires so if yours are bigger then faster.
Old 05-16-2016, 09:35 AM   #5
jjordan615
Not Yet Wild

How would I get it set to Freedom mode?
Old 05-16-2016, 09:38 AM   #6
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

You would need the hand held programmer and possible the freedom dongle. Dealer items
Old 05-16-2016, 01:08 PM   #7
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

The dealer can adjust the speed. Your cart is based on the golf cart so the drive train is basically the same. I just had this done on a RXV (golf cart). The technician plugs a small electronic key into a port near the speed controller. A couple of beeps and the "freedom" mode is unlocked and the speed is set at about 17MPH (on 18"tires). Then he plugs in a hand held "scanner" and can dial the speed up to 19.6 MPH. He can adjust other parameters also and may ask you for input. All this takes about 5 minutes and in my case was done while I watched and doesn't require the cart to actually be in the shop. In my area there would be no charge if you bought the cart from them. If you take it to another dealer or independent there would likely be a charge. I have never heard of this affecting the warranty. Because your cart has taller than 18" tires it will probably run in the 21-22 MPH range. We all would be interested in your final result. In my area the dealers set all the carts to their max speed routinely. Your experience may be different.

Bling: Sound options: 1- Radio with amp and speakers. requires power source, speaker mounting (possibly cutting the body), radio head mounting somewhere, and dealing with reception interference from the speed controller. 2- small amp and speakers with bluetooth. Still requires power source and speaker mounting but eliminates the radio head. Use phone and bluetooth for music source. 3- Get a quality mini bluetooth speaker. Use with phone. Nothing needs to be permanently installed in the cart. 4- Probably something I haven't thought of.
Lots of aftermarket accessories for EZGO golf carts. A lot of it will fit your machine but things specific to the body will be different.
Seat belts for the kids maybe? A lot of carts in my area have swim noodles fitted over the bars on the back seat. For kids protection, I assume but have no proof they actually make much difference.

The S4 is a good looking machine. Nice choice, I think.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 10:47 PM   #8
jjordan615
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the info - very helpful!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO