lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-06-2020, 04:57 PM   #31
movin-on
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Charging different brand batteries with ERIC charger?

940-0008_DQT01-C041_rev1_704C.zip

This is the zip file that I received from Delta Q before they stopped.....It has Alg #3 which is what you want for Trojan 875's with the latest software version 4.7.0.8...Unzip it to a formated thumb drive...Put the drive into your charger and plug it into ac power but not the cart...The green light will flash for a minute or so and then turn solid..That's it...Hope it works for you...
movin-on is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-06-2020, 08:46 PM   #32
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikefili View Post
Please help with the procedure to change from #32 to #1
I spoke with charger manufacturer and they told mr that the chargers are sent to club car with #31 installed. #31 is a generic flooded lead acid program as they do not always know what batteries club car will put in the cars. And if using Trojan 875 the best algorithm is #1.
They suggested I take the charger to my club car dealer who was no help at all and did not even know what I was talking about.
You want Algorithm #3. Algo #1 is a Temperature compensated algorithm. The Club car Branded version ERIC charger does not have, nor does it have the ability to use a Temperature sensor to use algo #1.
Algo#3 is designed for Trojan batteries and is Non-temp compensated, so does not require a temp sensor, thus it works better with the Club Car ERIC charger.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 02:18 PM   #33
Mikefili
Getting Wild
Club Car

So #3 seems to be better to use than #1 ok.
I only have an apple laptop and a newer apple desk top, the desk top only has USB ports, no place to insert a card, not sure if my very old apple lap top can accept a drive.
The person I spoke to at the charger company said that this would not work with an apple computer only with a PC, has anyone successfully done this with an apple computer?
Mikefili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 02:26 PM   #34
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

You copy those folders in the ZIP file to a USB stick, not an SD-Card.

You don't need a PC to update the charger, but You will need a PC later to read the diagnostic results from the charger when it places it on the USB drive.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2020, 08:36 PM   #35
Mikefili
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbob View Post
I installed software and it does read profile of flash drive off of ERIC USB Dive. I have Active Algorithm 31 according to simple IDAT software. Don't know what that means yet. It also tells you a lot of other information about what the charger did. It looks like it is nice to have if you are interested in what your charger is doing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Interesting that I stumble on this thread. I too have been trying to figure this all out, I have a 16 Precident and I just replaced the 16 Trojans with new 875 Trojans, my 16 875 lasted 36 months with impeccable maintenance and watering, I thought a not correct algorithm might be the problem. I spoke to a very helpful person at Delta Q and he said that they supply the chargers to Club Car with algorithm #31, that is a generic flooded lead acid algorithm, he also said that Trojan 875 should ideally use #1, they ship them with 31 because they do not know what brand batteries Club Car will use, he also said that many golf courses specifically request a brand battery based on their likes, equipment, battery inventory on hand etc.
Mikefili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 10:03 AM   #36
relcead
Not Yet Wild

We have some older Eric Precedent Trojan for 1 Year now. We also have some Precedent with Power Drive charger. I have seen things on the stock Eric i never have seen before. As we are figuring it out with the help of this forum and with the suppliers right now - i do not want to front run our findings here.

If you have CC with Eric Chargers and you need much water and the Cart suddenly doesnt charge any more with 2 year old battery send me a PM.

Especially when your Erics start charging and suddenly click stop charging and start the same cycle again. There may be a reason for it an a good cheap fix.

Only sent me PM if you or the garage has checked the wires and those trojan were always looked after.
relcead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 04:55 PM   #37
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikefili View Post
Interesting that I stumble on this thread. I too have been trying to figure this all out, I have a 16 Precident and I just replaced the 16 Trojans with new 875 Trojans, my 16 875 lasted 36 months with impeccable maintenance and watering, I thought a not correct algorithm might be the problem. I spoke to a very helpful person at Delta Q and he said that they supply the chargers to Club Car with algorithm #31, that is a generic flooded lead acid algorithm, he also said that Trojan 875 should ideally use #1, they ship them with 31 because they do not know what brand batteries Club Car will use, he also said that many golf courses specifically request a brand battery based on their likes, equipment, battery inventory on hand etc.
Mike we used to recommend #1 here, but discovered it was not charging properly due to #1 being a temperature compensated algorithm. The stock Club Car ERIC version charger has no temperature sensor, and doesn't properly utilize the temp compensation profile #1.
Algorithm #3 is for use with Trojan batteries and is does not require the temp sensor and people here have found it to work better than #1.

I just changed the algorithm on one for a co-worker of mine and her charger was pre-set with algorithm #256 from the factory. So it seems the version of the charger or possibly the year of the cart may make a difference in which algorithm the original charger came with. And for what it's worth, her cart did have PD+ batteries prior to having T875s installed by the local dealer a few months ago.
The local dealer made no mention or attempt to re-program her charger with the correct algorithm for Trojan batteries.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 09:12 PM   #38
Wakko47
Gone Loco

Club Car

Great thread. I have Crown 165s and doubt my dealer knows anything about algorithms. I shall check it this week.
Wakko47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 09:14 PM   #39
BigN8
Not Yet Wild

Just replaced my stock PD Plus batteries with new Trojan 875s. Put them on the ERIC charger after install and the charger has been hitting them hard. After many hours my volt meter is registering 64 volts. Is this an equalization charge, or is th ERIC charger not programmed correctly?

Do I need to reprogram this charger with the #3 algorithim as others have commented?

Can I use a Mac for this or must I use a Windows machine?

Any advice appreciated.
BigN8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2021, 04:35 AM   #40
Roy Gurley
Gone Wild

Club Car

Location: Retired and live in small town of Timberlake, North Carolina

3 is what it should be. The last time I was on ERIC site it was only for windows.
Roy Gurley is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car