lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-19-2017, 08:32 AM   #11
sgrol
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: New owner, charging problems

I think, when I get back home, I will disconnect the pack from the cart and wire the ERIC directly to batteries and let it charge. Then I can pull the charge data to see how it went. Does anyone see any harm in this?
sgrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-19-2017, 09:28 AM   #12
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

How are you going to pull the charge data? The charge data on your car is stored in the OBC. If you're using an ERIC charger on a car with a bypassed OBC, there won't be any data to view.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 12:10 PM   #13
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

David, he meant to pull the data of the ERIC charger itself by plugging an USB stick on the charger then using the free IDAT software to look at it:
https://delta-q.com/software-accessories/
That should work fine.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 03:35 PM   #14
tdcb128
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

This is a very informative post. I think I will try an Eric charger on my 2008 Club car. Will post how the experiment turns out.
tdcb128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 03:41 PM   #15
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

It will work fine but You will need to do a by-pass of the OBC, both for charging and Controller lockout (per stickies):
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...excel-obc.html
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 10:06 PM   #16
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
David, he meant to pull the data of the ERIC charger itself by plugging an USB stick on the charger then using the free IDAT software to look at it:
https://delta-q.com/software-accessories/
That should work fine.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 05:42 PM   #17
sgrol
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by meimk View Post
Does your pack - have a cable that runs through a plastic & metal square on the way to your controller?
The neg pack wire does go to a gray plastic square box that is mounted on the aluminum box at the rear of the battery compartment. Right now I have the ERIC charger on the pack with the rest of the cart unhooked from the batteries. Seems to be working as it is supposed to. I started at 48.2 volts. Pack was down quite a bit. I will post charger data results when finished charging.
Old 12-23-2017, 07:58 PM   #18
Htownblue
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgrol View Post
The neg pack wire does go to a gray plastic square box that is mounted on the aluminum box at the rear of the battery compartment. Right now I have the ERIC charger on the pack with the rest of the cart unhooked from the batteries. Seems to be working as it is supposed to. I started at 48.2 volts. Pack was down quite a bit. I will post charger data results when finished charging.
That grey box is your OBC.
Htownblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 07:40 PM   #19
sgrol
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Ok, I rerouted the negative cable to connect directly to the negative in the charger plugin. Shorted blue and white wires on OBC side of connector (left connector plugged in). I have done several charge cycles with the ERIC charger and, for the first time, all charge cycles have completed successfully and charge data from charger shows no problems. Works as advertised. Thanks to all who helped.
Old 01-13-2018, 03:57 PM   #20
buckmeister2
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgrol View Post
Ok, I rerouted the negative cable to connect directly to the negative in the charger plugin. Shorted blue and white wires on OBC side of connector (left connector plugged in). I have done several charge cycles with the ERIC charger and, for the first time, all charge cycles have completed successfully and charge data from charger shows no problems. Works as advertised. Thanks to all who helped.
I've only been on this site for a couple weeks, and do not have the understanding of electronics that you do, but what a great bunch of folks to give you that level of help. Nothing like having experts available to help us all along.
buckmeister2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car