lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-31-2018, 03:44 PM   #1
JimboMesa
Not Yet Wild

Default 1996 Club Car DS Red Light on Dash?

I have a 1996 Club Car DS with Power Drive Club Car Charger. After about 1 hour use. I plugged in the Power Drive charger Charger drops to 0 amps for a few seconds than up to 15 amps. Charger turns off after about 4 hours than red battery light on dash is on. Unplug charger and in about hour the red light on dash goes off. Batteries are new Trojan 1 mo old.
What’s going on do I have a problem ?

Jim
JimboMesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-31-2018, 11:09 PM   #2
JimboMesa
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 1996 Club Car DS Red Light on Dash?

All batteries test at 8.4 volts so why did the red battery light go on after charging
Old 02-03-2018, 07:21 AM   #3
Ribber
Getting Wild
Club Car

My 2002 DS did similar. The battery light would blink (there are codes for it). My code said contact Club Car (gee thanks).
I've ignored it for over a year, but I've come to realize the charger isn't fully charging the batteries even after resetting the OBC. I'm going to order a DPI charger and hope my batteries can recover.
Ribber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 08:15 PM   #4
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

See below from the PD Manual...

BATTERY WARNING LIGHT
IQ System, PowerDrive, and PowerDrive Plus vehicles feature a dash mounted battery warning light (above
the steering column) that, when the vehicle is in operation, indicates low battery voltage or, when the vehicle
is being charged, indicates a charging problem. The battery warning light is controlled by the onboard computer.
See following NOTE.
NOTE: Beginning with the 1998 model year, the onboard computer LED became part of the battery warning
light rather than being mounted in the computer itself, and the warning light lens color changed
from red to amber. This simplifies using a Communication Display Module (CCI P/N 101831801) to
obtain data from the onboard computer.
When the batteries receive an incomplete charge because 1) the DC power cord is disconnected, 2) AC
power to charger is interrupted, 3) automatic charger shut-off occurs after 16 hours of operation, or 4) charger
malfunctions, the warning light will indicate as follows:
• The battery warning light will not illuminate if the charge is 90% or more complete. The onboard computer
will retain in memory the amount of charge needed to replenish the batteries and will complete
the charge during the next charge cycle.
• When the charger DC cord is unplugged during a charge cycle, the battery warning light will illuminate
and remain illuminated for 10 seconds (25 seconds for Precedent vehicles) if the charge is less than
90% complete but the vehicle has enough power for 60 minutes of operation. This will alert the fleet
operator that the vehicle may be used, but that it must be charged to completion as soon as possible.
• The battery warning light will repeatedly illuminate for 10 seconds, at 4 second intervals (25 seconds,
at 10 second intervals for Precedent vehicles), if the charger times out at 16 hours and the batteries are
not sufficiently charged. This indicates an abnormal charge cycle. The charger and batteries should be
External Charger Installation and Operation
Page 10PowerDrive Battery Charger Owner’s Manual
checked by your Club Car distributor/dealer.
• External chargers only: The battery warning light will repeatedly illuminate for 10 seconds, at 4 second
intervals (25 seconds, at 10 second intervals for Precedent vehicles), during a charge cycle (with
the DC plug still connected) if AC power to the charger is interrupted. The light will go out when AC
power is restored.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 01:34 PM   #5
JimboMesa
Not Yet Wild

I reset the OBC and now all is fine no red light going on and off at random .

Jim
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car